Why Can't I update the Microsoft store?

Discus and support Why Can't I update the Microsoft store? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime time I open the Microsoft store on the series X it tells me I need to update the store, then does nothing when I hit update. Restarting the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Abhxrtach, May 8, 2023.

1. Abhxrtach
    Abhxrtach Guest

Everytime time I open the Microsoft store on the series X it tells me I need to update the store, then does nothing when I hit update. Restarting the app, console, and resetting the wifi connection haven't helped at all, it just continues to ask for an update that apparently doesn't exist because my console doesn't tell me I need to update it unless I open the store, and now I can't buy games because of it not being updated.

:)

Abhxrtach, May 8, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Abhxrtach Win User

So the power cycle started the update, few hours later after another power cycle and resetting the system the update never finishes and I still can't purchase games. This is issue has existed for over a year but everytime I look for other answers microsoft's solution is always those two methods, and they often don't work for the people dealing with it.
  4. Abhxrtach Win User

The power cycling seems to have fixed the issue, thank you for the help
  5. gskrr Win User

MSFS2020 won't start - says I have a mandatory update to install from the Microsoft Store - But MS Store says all updates have been completed.

It worked for me! Very frustrating that we need to do these cryptic steps to get the updates appear on the Store.

Why can't MS fix these auto update issues? Clearly something is broken with the update process. The App can tell there is an update, while the Store cannot find it. Very infuriating!

Microsoft - Please fix this with your next update!
  6. ImAice Win User

I can't update the "Microsoft Store" app

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to the console right now?

If yes, can you unplug it and Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Once done, please check if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged.
Thema:

1. Why Can't I update the Microsoft store? - Similar Threads - Why Can't update

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  9. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  10. why I can't update and download games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I can't update and download games: i can't download and update games and the error code is 0x8007045d 12ceb1f6-db6d-4526-8bcd-63278b69dbcd