Why can’t I talk in parties and game chat on my Xbox series S?

Discus and support Why can’t I talk in parties and game chat on my Xbox series S? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can hear audio through my headset but I can’t talk at all in game chat and even parties. I went through my audio settings, tried a old xbox one... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Its RuBy77, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Its RuBy77
    Its RuBy77 Guest

I can hear audio through my headset but I can’t talk at all in game chat and even parties. I went through my audio settings, tried a old xbox one controller to my Xbox series S and even bought a new headset but I still can’t talk

:)

Its RuBy77, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Skuba Bry Win User

Xbox One Gamechat

No i don’t have a communication ban, I can talk in party chat i just can’t talk in game-chat.
  3. lhelprin110 Win User

I can hear but I can’t talk in a party chat.

I realize what I said may be confusing. In a party chat, I can hear my friends but I can’t talk.
  4. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

Audio messages(I can't hear them when run games)

When i talk audio message i mean AUDIO MESSAGE NOT PARTY CHAT.

Party chat is not message.

And when i power on my console series x and previews xbox consoles(For example xbox one s) when i am at menu the audio messages work fine i can hear them normally but when i run any game(EXCEPT FOTZA HORIZON 5) any audio message send or receive i CAN'T listen it.
  5. death skull1897 Win User

can use every xbox live gold service except playing online?

Yes, idk if it's broken or something but I can join parties on both xbox's, I looked it up and you need xbox live gold to start and join parties. The Series S has only my account, and my account has my series S as my home xbox, and I can still join parties and talk(I'm in one right now in fact).
  6. ChainSmokingBob Win User

I wish there was more communication between team mates!

"I think the ability to stay in party chat have totally handicapped the communications system for the cod series after MW2".

Nevermind just Call of Duty... the Party Chat system has basically killed communication between random players across all games and you can't often meet new people/make new friends simply by talking.

Party Chat isn't bad, exactly, but.... yeah :S
Thema:

1. Why can’t I talk in parties and game chat on my Xbox series S? - Similar Threads - Why can’t talk

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  5. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  6. Why can’t I put my badges on or talk to people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I put my badges on or talk to people: When I try to put my badges on my player i get a error code every time I ever uninstall the game and installed it back still the same thing I have a lot of Vic I put on this build and I can’t put...
  7. Why can’t I talk to my teammates on the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I talk to my teammates on the game: I CANT talk to teammates y is that 7f81188f-7cae-4acc-882e-b3e8523af853
  8. Why can’t they talk

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t they talk: So today I loged Into Halo infinite and created a party I sent requests to my friends let’s call them friend 1 and friend 2 friend 1 could join easily then f2 started haveing problems like they...
  9. Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox: discord servers discord serves error 100f4b73-cb6f-4d8c-b663-937bbf45dc54
  10. Why can’t I click the link for request a call or talk to virtual rep. Keeps timing out....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I click the link for request a call or talk to virtual rep. Keeps timing out....: Need help trying to reach customer service. 184b474f-25b9-45e4-91ce-197dc3bdb913