Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat

Discus and support Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Why can’t I talk in open party when playing cod fd172688-94e9-4255-9f40-4246156161f5 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by joelopresto, Nov 4, 2021.

1. joelopresto
    joelopresto Guest

Why can’t I talk in open party when playing cod

:)

joelopresto, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Have you tried to use a different headset? Also, please perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. PeterHarris3477 Win User

I have the same question. I can hear everyone fine in warzone but nobody can hear me. It just happened a few days ago and I’ve messed with every setting I can.. privacy, audio, everything’s set right! **** happened? I made sure my mic wasn’t broken, switched controllers.. help!
  4. Icarusqt Win User

Xbox one mic stopped working

Same problem as everyone has mentioned. Mic shows I'm connected. I can hear others through it. If I turn volume up, it beeps. Mute light turns on. No one can hear me. Not in game chat while not being in a party. Not in party chat while ensuring I'm in party
    chat not game chat. Mic logo comes up that shows my mic is plugged in. My NAT is open. This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous.
  5. xXREDHAWKZXx Win User

Kinect mic not working for game chat

i have the same problem but I use a Kinect mic, in party chat the speaking indicator goes off when I talk but my friends cant hear me, my nat type is open and my wifi connection is fine, can I have some suggestions on what to do
  6. stuartgillion Win User

Mic not working in Fortnite - Xbox one.

Default setting is party chat. I have followed advice to switch settings from open mic/party chat to push to talk/game chat. I tried this several times, saving settings then exiting game, reloading game and switching settings back to open mic/party chat.
    Nothing has been successful.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat - Similar Threads - Why can’t talk

2. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  3. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  4. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  5. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  6. Why can’t I put my badges on or talk to people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I put my badges on or talk to people: When I try to put my badges on my player i get a error code every time I ever uninstall the game and installed it back still the same thing I have a lot of Vic I put on this build and I can’t put...
  7. Why can’t I talk to my teammates on the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I talk to my teammates on the game: I CANT talk to teammates y is that 7f81188f-7cae-4acc-882e-b3e8523af853
  8. Why can’t they talk

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t they talk: So today I loged Into Halo infinite and created a party I sent requests to my friends let’s call them friend 1 and friend 2 friend 1 could join easily then f2 started haveing problems like they...
  9. Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox: discord servers discord serves error 100f4b73-cb6f-4d8c-b663-937bbf45dc54
  10. Why can’t I click the link for request a call or talk to virtual rep. Keeps timing out....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I click the link for request a call or talk to virtual rep. Keeps timing out....: Need help trying to reach customer service. 184b474f-25b9-45e4-91ce-197dc3bdb913