Why can't I stream video on certain websites?

Discus and support Why can't I stream video on certain websites? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have Dish Anywhere as part of my subscription to Dish. Now normally It would be on my Android phone as an app. It has a cast option when I select a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MattCasdorph, Mar 21, 2023.

1. MattCasdorph
    MattCasdorph Guest

I have Dish Anywhere as part of my subscription to Dish. Now normally It would be on my Android phone as an app. It has a cast option when I select a network to watch. Unfortunately casting is not working from the app. I also went as far as to purchase a cast App from Xbox marketplace which then it does detect xbox on my Dish Android app but still doesn't start the cast.

All that aside right there. My other option which I thought would work is I can go to a browser and access Dish Anywhere directly on their website. Now when I click watch now. It tells me Xbox's Edge Browser doesn't currently support LiveTV streaming. And to install Chrome or Safari which I obviously cannot do on Xbox. And since Dish doesn't have a Xbox App for DishAnywhere Im kinda stuck. I want to watch my subscription through my xbox its 2023 and dumb sh*t like this shouldn't be happening.

What are my options? Is there a way to enable streaming on xbox's edge browser? If not is there another browser that I can install that might support it?

:)

MattCasdorph, Mar 21, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

No as it's not a full browser most.console.ones arent

You have to contact the webmaster to see if they use a html5 user agent and if rhwn support the xbox user agent

When it.comes to web compatibility it's upto your sites webmaster otherwise you will have to watch it on pc
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

Unfortunately the Edge browser may not be powerful enough to stream video from certain websites.

Please use the app for each of those websites, if available, such as youtube, netflix, hulu and other apps for certain channels.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

CRTV wont work on Microsoft edge

Hey there swim junky d,

Sorry you're having problems with getting that one site to load it's videos through edge.

Though the Xbox was imbedded with an internet explorer, it's not configured for playing certain streaming website video formats. This is especially true when it's like, some sort of free movie/tv streaming website.

It might be that the videos available on CRTV need to be run on a separate app.

After all the troubleshooting steps that you have already completed on your own, I think that maybe referring to
    CRTV themselves
    my be your next best option.

Hope this info was helpful.

Thanks!
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

they are very likely restricted video streaming and video game related websites from massive bandwidth on the public Wi-Fi. While you can get that kind of throughput,

i'm afraid here at the mercy of beggars can't be choosers
  6. xD3VILMANx Win User

Xbox Music no longer plays videos/music

Thank you for replying. I will try re-downloading some videos when I get home but that doesn't explain why I can't even stream music or videos on the xbox. I will report what happens.
Thema:

1. Why can't I stream video on certain websites? - Similar Threads - Why can't stream

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  6. Why can't I stream my games on discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I stream my games on discord: I was in server with friend on discord and I tried to stream my Xbox series s and it wasn't working it would say your live stream stopped working trying again but a few days before it was working...
  7. Why Can't I Stream?????

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why Can't I Stream?????: Hi all, I'm currently trying to stream some Crackdown 3 for a YouTube series I'm trying to make, however every time I click the "Start your stream" button I am told to link my Twitch account to my...
  8. Why can't I stream on my tablet over wifi?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I stream on my tablet over wifi?: I can't cloud stream on my android tablet through my wifi. It's a 5ghz connection and I used to be able to, but has stopped in the past couple of weeks. I haven't changed any settings in my...
  9. Why can't I stream games to discord?

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't I stream games to discord?: I got my xbox yesterday as I wanted to start using gamepass since it has a lot of great games I wanna play and stream to my friends but I still don't have the option to stream to discord even...
  10. Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Microsoft Flight Simulator with Cloud Streaming on my Xbox One?: I have Game Pass Ultimate but instead of giving me the option to play the game with Cloud Streaming it says that it's installable and that I can manage the game. But when I press the manage button...