Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations?

Discus and support Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to play games on both my Xbox One X and my Series S, because my Series S doesn't have much storage on it, and I still plan to keep... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SomeElvenGamer, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations?

I want to be able to play games on both my Xbox One X and my Series S, because my Series S doesn't have much storage on it, and I still plan to keep using my One X. But I'm only allowed to have either my One X or Series S as my home console, not both, and if I set one console as my home console, I can't play my games on the other one. Why can't I have both set as my home consoles and be able to play my games on them?

:)

SomeElvenGamer, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Because Microsoft have made it so you can only have 1 console as your Home at a time regardless of if it's a One or a Series S/X.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Well, what about Game Pass? Because that's the main problem I have with the home console issue.
    It's the same with Game Pass. It's tied to your account, so as long as you're signed in, it will work. There are a lot of people having issues playing Game Pass games at the moment though, so it's a server issue.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Huh

As long as you are signed in inline with the account that has gamepass ultimate you are fine

ONLY a profile with ultimate or gold can roam
  5. SomeElvenGamer Win User

Well, what about Game Pass? Because that's the main problem I have with the home console issue.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

you can still play your games on the other as long as you are signed in with the account that purchased the games and online.
Thema:

1. Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations? - Similar Threads - Why can't set

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?: I want to change my privacy settings, but it tells me I can't because it's a child account in a family group. I'm not in a family, and I never have been. Because I'm not in a family, I can't...
  9. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  10. Why can't I change my family online saftey settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my family online saftey settings: I have a problem with changing my online and saftey settings, when I do try to change it gives me an error that the page is not found. I have tried methods with Microsoft family settings like...