Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended

Discus and support Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My gamertag is But I still can't send or receive messages I checked for suspensions and I had one or so I thought it was already expired so I waisted... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ZombieManHappy, May 1, 2023.

1. Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended

My gamertag is

But I still can't send or receive messages I checked for suspensions and I had one or so I thought it was already expired so I waisted this person called Hans time (sorry Hans)

But anybody no a solution

:)

ZombieManHappy, May 1, 2023
  2. ZombieManHappy Win User

Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended

It can't be my daily limit because this has been going on for about a week now and yes my error message is your message could not be sent I tried entering the gamertag with create new message just now but I still get the error message and I do not use voice messaging
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information.

Can you try to send messages to other friends or strangers to see if it works?

If I may ask, are you trying to send voice mail or just regular messages on your Xbox 360 console?

May I also have the exact error message upon attempting to send a message?

Upon checking the support website:

If you get an error like this "Message Can Not Be Sent"

You'll be unable to send messages for a 24-hour period.

You get this message when you exceed your daily limit of messages. Exactly how many messages this is depends on the following factors:

How many messages you try to send to strangers per day

How many messages you try to send to friends per day

How many unique recipients you try to send to per day

This limit is in place to prevent unwanted messaging to multiple recipients.

Also, kindly try to do the following steps:

Sign in to Xbox Live.

On your controller, press the Xbox button .

Select Messages.

Select Create New.

Select Message.

Select a gamertag or select Enter Gamertag.

Select Add Text or Add Voice.

Try both of the following:

If you selected Add Text: Enter your message. You can use the keyboard on the screen or a USB keyboard that is attached to the USB port on the front of your console.

If you selected Add Voice: Record a voice message using your headset or Kinect sensor. After you record your voice message, you can review the message before sending it by pressing Play.

Select Send Message.

There is also a note that Xbox 360 support content is no longer being maintained.

For reference links: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/xb...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/xb...
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I understand, let's proceed to the next step.

The Xbox 360 system cache stores such items as game updates, system update installation packages, and gamer pictures of your friends. You can often resolve issues with your Xbox 360 by clearing the system cache.

When you clear the Xbox 360 cache, you don’t remove the following:

Your gamertag

Content that you’ve downloaded

Game files

Console software updates

Clearing the cache does remove previously downloaded game updates. You must download these updates again the next time you play the game.

Kindly clear your Xbox 360 system cache, here's how:

Press the Guide button  on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Storage.

Highlight but don’t select a storage device, and then press the Y button  on your controller for Device Options.

Note It doesn't matter which storage device you choose. This clears the cache for all storage devices.

On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

When you’ve successfully cleared the system cache, you’ll return to the Storage Devices screen. You can then press the Guide button  on the controller and return to Xbox Home.

Once you're done, please try to check if you can receive or send messages on your console.

For reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/co...
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information and for isolating the issue.

It appears you will need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps on your Xbox 360 console to fix this.

Kindly remove, power cycle and re-add your account from your Xbox 360, here's how:

Here’s how you can remove any Xbox profile from your Xbox 360 console:

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Note If you don’t connect any external storage devices to your console, select Hard Drive. If you do use external storage, select All Devices.

Select Profiles.

Select the Xbox profile that you want to delete.

Select Delete.

Select one of the following:

Delete Profile Only – This deletes the Xbox profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

> Then restart the console.

Here’s how to add your Xbox profile to any Xbox 360 console:

Press the Guide button  on your controller.

Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? This means that you’re signed in under another profile. Press the X button  on your controller to sign out, confirm, and then select Download Profile.

At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile.

Enter the email address of the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox profile. If you don’t know it, see the Lost Account Solution.

Enter your Microsoft account password. If you’ve forgotten it, you’ll need to reset your password.

Note If you have a child account, your parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download your Xbox profile on the Xbox 360.

If you use external storage on your console, select the storage device on which you want to save your Xbox profile. If you don’t use external storage, your Xbox profile will begin downloading.

After you download your Xbox profile, you’ll be asked if you want the console to remember your password.

If you want to sign in without being prompted for a password each time, select the Remember Password option. Keep in mind that when you choose this option, anyone who uses your console can sign in as you and use your account information. This includes any credit card information you might have saved.

Leave the Remember Password option unchecked if you want the console to require a password to sign in to your account. This is a good idea if others in your home can easily access your console, or if you downloaded your Xbox profile at a friend’s house.

Important If you downloaded your Xbox profile to another console and you chose the Remember Password option, you can remotely remove the password so that your Xbox profile can’t be accessed by someone on the other console.

Once it's done, try to check if you can send or receive the messages on your Xbox 360 console.

For reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/my...
  6. ZombieManHappy Win User

My setting are already set to adult and even in customized all of my settings is set to everyone also the suspension was lifted in january
Thema:

1. Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended - Similar Threads - Why can't send

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  9. Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...: Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message 0323c51a-d86d-4183-b2ce-ac3a9d4ce3ef
  10. Why can't I see messages or send them?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see messages or send them?: On Xbox app or on Xbox it won't let me see any of my messages and I can't send any either, a message at the top says in yellow text sorry couldn't retrieve your messages....