Why can’t I run 1440p at 120hz on Xbox series x?

Discus and support Why can’t I run 1440p at 120hz on Xbox series x? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got 27" Nitro XZ3 Gaming Monitor - XZ273U PBMIIPHX and it is able to run 1440p at 144hz with a 2.0 hdmi cord but for Xbox series X I can’t even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex T M, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Alex T M
    Alex T M Guest

I just got 27" Nitro XZ3 Gaming Monitor - XZ273U PBMIIPHX and it is able to run 1440p at 144hz with a 2.0 hdmi cord but for Xbox series X I can’t even run 1440p at 120hz, I can only run 1440p at 60z or I can run 1080p at 120hz.

I have tried changing the color depth to 8 bit (doesn’t work)

I have looked on https://displayhdr.org/certified-products/#tab-400 and the my monitor is vesa certified display hdr

Does anyone have a solution to this or do I need to return my monitor???

:)

Alex T M, Dec 26, 2022
  2. JoshRichmond2 Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

That doesnt answer the question is it going to work for older monitors that are hdmi 2.0 that didn't run at the 1440p 120hz they were supposed to run at on xbox one x i bought a viotek monitor gft27db was supposed to run 1440p 120hz over the hdmi 2.0 but
    it doesn't on the one x only runs at 1080p 120hz with freesync on or 1440p 60hz no freesync will series x solve this issue thats what he wants to know i have heard it was a bandwidth issue but with the new console having higher bandwidth i would guess it would
    solve the issue but would like to know for sure
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  4. Icares974 Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

Hi ! Do you know if Xbox series X will support and run in 1440p/120hz with a MSI Optix MAG27CQ ?

Thanks for your help :)
  5. ngocphi Win User

LG Oled and Series S

Well no the xbox series s isn't capable of 4k 120hz video games it's not even capable of 4k 60hz

That's the series x

The best the series s can do is 1440p

The reason why you aren't getting any signal is because the series s isn't capable of it

Only in streaming not gaming

This is the offical.ms.papers on series s

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/consoles/xbox-series-s

As noted it's only capable of 120hz on 1440p in games and 4,k 120hz on streaming

Not a lot of games support 4k 120hz even on xbox series x

Even on backwards compatibility games it's a max of 60fps with yakuza running at 900 frames

You gotta remember it's upscaled not native

Hence the lesser space requirements for series s
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I run 1440p at 120hz on Xbox series x? - Similar Threads - Why can’t run

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  5. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  6. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  7. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  8. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  9. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...
  10. Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?: I just installed a game, and it didn’t ask me where to install. I’ve got plenty of room on my Xbox but for some reason it installed the optimized for Xbox game on the external hard drive even tho...