Why can't I reprogram any button to act as the share button?

Discus and support Why can't I reprogram any button to act as the share button? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm using a controller that doesn't have a share button(ps3 controller) but aren't you supposed to be able to reprogram any other button to work as the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HornySimpxo, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Why can't I reprogram any button to act as the share button?

I'm using a controller that doesn't have a share button(ps3 controller) but aren't you supposed to be able to reprogram any other button to work as the share button? Or did I miss something

submitted by /u/HornySimpxo
    [link] [comments]

/u/HornySimpxo, Mar 10, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Official club removed from game options?

Go to the game card to reach the club, I’m sure with the new upcoming feature to reprogram the share button, that going to the club will be an option, they have specifically cited going to a game’s as being so
  3. DocHolliday 7 Win User

Harmony One and Xbox One

Ok, I finally did it. Updated and reprogrammed. Works great! Even customized some buttons.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Manette Xbox Adaptive

those letters are the standard letter buttons on any Xbox One controller, so any input device connected to that port will act as that button, in this case it will be the 'A' button.

I'm not aware of any of changing that.

Perhps an explination of why the change would be neccassary may help us to come up with an alternative solution.
  5. Legionaire161 Win User

Yeah, it was money well spent

Unfortunately you can't change the button layout. But honestly, it really didn't take me long to get used to it. Now, others might find it hard to get used to, seeing as "A" is primarily the jump button in almost EVERY game whether it's an FPS, or an RPG,
    and whatnot, but it's not bad. I think it would have made more sense to have the right bumper act as the "scan enviroment" button, and have "A" as the jump button, but the devs saw fit to have it the other way. I have no idea why. Anyway, it's definitely not
    a game breaker. Very fun!!
  6. David Wirsching Win User

why cant i find the share clips button

Hello DraketonE, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing difficulty finding the clip sharing button in the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11, here are some possible reasons and solutions:

Game Bar Update: There may have been an update to the Xbox Game Bar that has changed the location or way the clip sharing button is accessed. I would recommend checking if there are any updates available for the Game Bar and making sure you have the latest version installed.
    Settings changes: There may have been changes to the Game Bar settings that affected the availability of the clip sharing button. Go to the Game Bar settings and check the options related to screenshot and video recording to make sure they are set correctly.
    Game Compatibility: Some games may have specific restrictions or limitations on sharing clips. Check if the Ascended Ark Survival game has any restrictions on capturing and sharing clips. You can check the forums or the game documentation for more information on this.
    Restart the Game Bar: Try restarting the Xbox Game Bar. Right-click the Game Bar icon in the taskbar and select "Close Game Bar." Then, reopen the Game Bar and check if the clip sharing button is available again.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
Thema:

Why can't I reprogram any button to act as the share button?

1. Why can't I reprogram any button to act as the share button? - Similar Threads - Why can't reprogram

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  10. Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i rent a Conan server through Gportal xbox app: Can't rent Conan Gportal server through xbox app says "pick a different way to pay" i even added a gift card to my account to pay but it won't even let me use my account funds....