Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore?

Discus and support Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I am trying to repurchase XBL Gold for a year. All options to do so have been removed, and the only option I have available is the Xbox Game Pass. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Jeremiah12LGeek, May 1, 2020.

1. Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore?

I am trying to repurchase XBL Gold for a year. All options to do so have been removed, and the only option I have available is the Xbox Game Pass.

I don't want Xbox Game Pass, I only want XBL Gold. I took a 1 dollar deal which upgraded my subscription, but now that is has run out, I'm no longer allowed to return to the XBL Gold service.

Why was this discontinued? I know the program is still there, so why am I not allowed to purchase it now that I've had Game Pass? This doesn't make any sense.

:)

Jeremiah12LGeek, May 1, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Are you able to try purchasing Gold from this page or does it still just offer Game Pass Ultimate?
  3. Jeremiah12LGeek Win User

The subscription ran out on April 28th. The option to renew Gamepass is there on a button, but XBL Gold is empty except for the phrase "subscription upgraded to Ultimate." Attempting to manage Gold just takes me to an ad splash page with no option to renew.

Edited typo in date.
  4. Smwutches Win User

You should be able to return to gold unless you still have an active Ultimate subscription or your subscription auto-renewed but the system wasn't able to charge you. You may want to verify your subscriptions at http://account.microsoft.com
  5. Flymonkey102 Win User

Have you verified the sub is inactive on
    accounts.microsoft.com
    ?

If it is still active you can't switch but if isn't you're supposed to have a choice afterwards.
  6. Jeremiah12LGeek Win User

The sub is verified as inactive. I cannot access any content from either subscription.
Thema:

1. Why Can't I Renew XBL Gold anymore? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Renew

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  8. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  9. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  10. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6