Why can't I remove myself from my Microsoft Family?

Discus and support Why can't I remove myself from my Microsoft Family? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to remove myself from my Microsoft family, however, it has not gone well. When I tried joining Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EmTheFighter, Jan 5, 2023.

1. EmTheFighter
    EmTheFighter Guest

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to remove myself from my Microsoft family, however, it has not gone well.

When I tried joining Minecraft realms, it says I needed to allow the setting Multiplayer and Clubs under Privacy (I am trying to join realms on Minecraft Windows 10 or Bedrock), however I did not get that option and was told when I clicked on a settings link, I couldn't change the settings because I was a part of a family account.

I have my Microsoft account set to 18+ (I live in the U.S.), and I am the only member in my Microsoft family (which I did check on the account it would be connected to just in case), yet I cannot change privacy settings and enable Multiplayer and Clubs, nor can I leave the family as I do not get the "..." to click to leave.

This is very frustrating as I am able to join Multiplayer servers just fine on this Microsoft account, but I cannot join realms nor accept invites. I have tried on both my pc and my phone.

Help please!

Thanks,

Em

Why can't I remove myself from my Microsoft Family? [​IMG]

Why can't I remove myself from my Microsoft Family? [​IMG]

:)

EmTheFighter, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello EmTheFighter

Hope you are doing fine today!

Thank you so much for letting me know that you figured it out by visiting the Xbox website to do some modification in your account. Let me take note of the fix you have made, and I will use this to my customer having the same issue in the near future.

Moving forward if you have any issue in regard to your Windows operating, Office suites or even to your Xbox account. Please don't hesitate to post here in the community and we are more than happy to assist you and fix the issue.

Thank You.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. EmTheFighter Win User

Hey,

I figured out how to change the setting. It was on the xbox website, not on the microsoft website or the family account settings.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Em
  4. Jason Guer Win User

Hello EmTheFighter

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing now wherein you are not able to get rid from the family group account and you encountered an error as well. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

I will provide to you the steps and link on how to remove your account from the family group. Please follow the steps below.

• Go to family.microsoft.com.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • On your family's page under the member's name, select More options > Remove from family group, and confirm.
    You can also remove a member below statutory age from your family group, although you must have an organizer account and be the one who gave consent. To remove members with parental consent:

• Go to family.microsoft.com
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account, then, to remove a member, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, find their name, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm.
    • Go back to your family's page, and under the member's name, select More options > Remove from family group, and confirm.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microsoft Family: Removing myself from family.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sarah

As you're alone, may I know if you can try this workaround?

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your device

Then log in your account again and check
  6. JudeHarcourt Win User

Microsoft account locked out of multiplayer due to being made a child account in a random family.

Hi, my issue is that I have been assigned to a family with someone I don't know, so it's impossible to get removed from the family. I must be a child account since I can't access any multiplayer games or remove myself from the family.
Thema:

1. Why can't I remove myself from my Microsoft Family? - Similar Threads - Why can't remove

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  10. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...