Why can't I remove my mouse and keyboard off my xbox one

Discus and support Why can't I remove my mouse and keyboard off my xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'll be playing Call of Duty Vanguard and then my controller cut off and switch to mouse and keyboard and then I have to quit the whole game to switch... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IAm xExpert876x, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Why can't I remove my mouse and keyboard off my xbox one

I'll be playing Call of Duty Vanguard and then my controller cut off and switch to mouse and keyboard and then I have to quit the whole game to switch it back to controller why is that

:)

IAm xExpert876x, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I discovered recently that if the controller is turns off, one can't continue to use the Keyboard and mouse to play. This happens with Fortnite as well. Unfortunately it appears that's how the system works now on the Xbox One.

I'll suggest you report this as a feedback to the Xbox insiders subreddit. If this gets enough up votes, it will be considered as something people want and a change will be more likely in the works.

You can leave the feedback here feedback.xbox.com
  3. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

How could or would a game like Age of Empires work on console?

the original Xbox only came with a controller. the Xbox 360 only came with a controller. the Xbox One comes with a controller. you can't buy an Xbox One with a Keyboard and Mouse.
    in my opinion if they don't sell them with a Keyboard and Mouse they shouldn't have support for Keyboard and Mouse. if you want to use
    Keyboard and Mouse you should play on a PC and not on a console.
  4. T1C3 SODMG Win User

Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

The xbox has 3 usbs. 1 is used by the hard drive, 2 is used by the mouse. 3 is used by my keyboard. The keyboard has 2 usb porta one for the usb passthrough and one so it works. I got bot of them plugged in but one of them is in a charging brick
    next to my xbox. It still turns off.
    Take the mouse out of #2 and place the controller there, take the mouse and place in the keyboard. My controller never turns off when plugged directly to the xbox. No matter what one of the devices in your xbox must go for the controller. Make everything
    else work through your pass through with the keyboard.

Problem solved.
  5. LUMBERSPHINXX Win User

Xbox seires s visual glitch

Thanks for your response clearing up my question, any idea why my plugged in keyboard and mouse lights up one minute after turning off the console for up to 10 seconds??
  6. Mouse N Keybord Win User

Overwatch & Xbox One Rep system

No your not able to play with a mouse or keyboard passively on a large majority of games on consoles as the developers don't support it. I've only seen 2 or so on console truely support it.

Thats why I've opted to use a XIM4 gaming adapter that I plug a mouse, keyboard, and official Xbox One controller into then plug the device into my Xbox One. Its basically a racing wheel equivalent but for mouse & keyboard.

It's perfectly legal to use.
Thema:

1. Why can't I remove my mouse and keyboard off my xbox one - Similar Threads - Why can't remove

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  8. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  9. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  10. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...