Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?

Discus and support Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One and an Xbox Series X plugged in running side by side on separate live accounts, and a Playstation 4 in another room. They all work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tuck Blue, May 27, 2023.

1. Tuck Blue
    Tuck Blue Guest

Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?

I have an Xbox One and an Xbox Series X plugged in running side by side on separate live accounts, and a Playstation 4 in another room. They all work fine, except the Xbox Series X. It keeps disconnecting from GTA 5 and sometimes all other games. The wifi signal is fine in the rest of the house and on all other devices, but the Xbox Series X only shows 2 bars when connected. Is this something wrong with the console, my wifi or the game serve for GTA 5?

:)

Tuck Blue, May 27, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

The issue can be with the connection between the Xbox Series X console and the connection between your router. Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
  3. henleymerrill Win User

External drive support?

Can I use one external drive for two Xbox ones? This would be used for two different accounts but both consoles are in the same room.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Cant Play on 2 Consoles At the Same Time?

Hi there Brad, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you. I'll be happy to help.

The procedure described in the thread you shared refers to playing with two different accounts on two different Xbox consoles to share the games from one account with the other console in the same household.

Take in mind that it is not possible to play with the same account on two different consoles simultaneously, which is why, when you are playing on one, if you start a game on the other with the same account, the message you mentioned appears.

I hope this clarifies the information, and if you have more questions, please let me know.

Best regards.
  5. UlrikeMarx Win User

Same game in two consoles

Can I play the same game I own digitally in two different consoles I own? Xbox One and Xbox seriesX. The game I'm trying to play is Cricket19. I don't play online just in two different rooms under the same profile in two seperate rooms.
    To be clear…u own one game digitale, right? Now intending to play both consoles against each other with just one code at hand, right?…besides the eternal agony burning in hell for just thinkin‘ that way,…nope! No problem there as long as u use 2 different profiles. Neither of those machines will crosscheck any account‘s ownerships.
  6. SSondag Win User

x box live on two separate consoles.

Unfortunately you can not share the same Xbox account on two consoles at the same time. For both of you to play on two different consoles at the same time would require two different accounts. It doesn't cost anything to create an account for Xbox Live.
    However, it will cost BOTH accounts to have Gold subscriptions.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room? - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  5. Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4: Hi, I have a problem with microsoft store because I can't play Fnaf 4 even though, I bought it on play store with my google account and I use my google account for Microsoft store....
  6. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  7. Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one: I used to play the game via game pass it was removed a few days ago since then I can't play I own the xbox series S/X Game and have a ultimate subscription so surely from what the message says I...
  8. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  9. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  10. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....