Why cant I play the rest of the episodes for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier without paying?

Discus and support Why cant I play the rest of the episodes for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier without paying? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Gamepass Ultimate. Currently playing on PC. Trying to play The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Season 3). It only has Episode 1 available for free... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Pizarro, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Why cant I play the rest of the episodes for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier without paying?

I have Gamepass Ultimate. Currently playing on PC. Trying to play The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Season 3). It only has Episode 1 available for free with gamepass. When I try to download the others, it says I have to buy the season pass which is 14.99. If this game is on gamepass, why am I not able to play the rest of the episodes without paying for it...? Shouldn't the whole game be free since I'm paying for gamepass...? Is there anyone that can help me out?

:)

Michael Pizarro, Apr 30, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why cant I play the rest of the episodes for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier without paying?

The game is not on PC Game Pass, it was removed last December due to an issue with getting all the episodes. Episode 1 is free. If you want to play the other episodes, then you will have to pay for them.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

What part of it makes no sense? As I said, the game was removed from game pass back in December, as there was an issue getting all the episodes on Game Pass. The game since then has not been put back on Game Pass. If you want to play all the episodes, then you have to pay for them.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

The Walking Dead: Michonne is it only the first episode free ? and not the complete game ?

Yeah, it's supposed to be the full season, but there is an issue with The Walking Dead Michone, and A new Frontier not giving all episodes.
  5. Jay8007 Win User

The Walking Dead: Michonne is it only the first episode free ? and not the complete game ?

This was the email I received from skybound - found it odd as the first episodes have been free for ages

If you have a current Game Pass Ultimate or PC Game Pass subscription you should have access to the games listed below. If you are still experiencing issues accessing episodes 2-5 please log out of the Xbox app and log back in with the account attached to your Game Pass subscription.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 = Complete Season all 5 episodes
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 = Complete Season all 5 episodes
    The Walking Dead: Michonne = Episode 1 only
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier = Episode 1 only

We are thinking that when Xbox announce this, it was not indicated that for new frontier and michonne only Episode 1 is available, and you need to purchase them individually or purchase the Season Pass for episode 2-5

Thank you!
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

bought a game(digital) but didn't receive

Do you have Walking dead frontier episode 1??

As the season pass is only Episodes 2-5. You need episode 1 to launch the other episodes
Thema:

1. Why cant I play the rest of the episodes for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier without paying? - Similar Threads - Why cant play

2. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  6. Why I cant play gta 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cant play gta 5: My game worked until the update and now I can't play 2c7db40d-b1e8-4bd0-b098-d332946ca19f
  7. .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox: Hi. I just bought xbox live gold(core) and i want to play forza horizon 3 online but the option doesnt open in the game. On my profile it says that i am able to play online, so i redeemed the code...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?: i preordered MW3 and when i enter the game it just shows me that all game modes are locked until i buy the game. i don’t understand why it wants me to purchase it again. i have already had issues...
  10. Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?: The account that pre ordered the game is the home xbox on the console, but it wont let the other accounts on there play it. Other games that are shared by the home xbox account still work....