Why cant I play the games I've purchased on Xbox?

Discus and support Why cant I play the games I've purchased on Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I gameshare and play games bought between both my sister and I's accounts, is there any way to play the games my sister has bought through her Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Symphony Soup, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Why cant I play the games I've purchased on Xbox?

I gameshare and play games bought between both my sister and I's accounts, is there any way to play the games my sister has bought through her Xbox account while signed into mine on PC?

:)

Symphony Soup, Nov 9, 2021
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Good question. Not all games are playable on PC. You can to check the list of Xbox play anywhere games here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anyw...

The account where the games are purchased must sign in the Microsoft Store to access the games as the home Xbox sharing is only designed for Xbox consoles.
  3. Jason of Oz Win User

In a word, no.

What most people call game sharing is actually just the home console feature. Microsoft accounts cannot share their games with other accounts, what's actually happening is an account defines a particular console as their home console, allowing their licensed software to be used without needing their account to be logged in. If your sister has defined your xbox console as her home console, any user on that console can use her software, but they can only be used on other devices by her account.

To my knowledge, you cannot define a computer as a home console, only xbox consoles.

- Jason
  4. Sushi VII Win User

Xbox Account/Gold problems on Xbox One after switching email associated with gamertag

I've also attempted to buy a game on the Xbox Store and said there was a problem so it wouldnt download and shows as if I havent purchased it. I received an email showing that I was charged for the game too, but I cant play or install it.
  5. searchNDstroy41 Win User

Having issue installing purchased games from Microsoft store

well that's stupid. Why cant Microsoft let me download the xbox one version for free because I've already bought and played for the game on my account why would they make you buy it again really unhappy with this. But thankyou now I know why
  6. PureBredKonvict Win User

Games not showing up in full library

Thing is I'm looking to play older games that I've purchased, but if they dont show how am I going to know? I've had the same account for over 10 years.. cant remember every one
Thema:

1. Why cant I play the games I've purchased on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Why cant play

2. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  6. Why I cant play gta 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cant play gta 5: My game worked until the update and now I can't play 2c7db40d-b1e8-4bd0-b098-d332946ca19f
  7. .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox: Hi. I just bought xbox live gold(core) and i want to play forza horizon 3 online but the option doesnt open in the game. On my profile it says that i am able to play online, so i redeemed the code...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?: i preordered MW3 and when i enter the game it just shows me that all game modes are locked until i buy the game. i don’t understand why it wants me to purchase it again. i have already had issues...
  10. Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?: The account that pre ordered the game is the home xbox on the console, but it wont let the other accounts on there play it. Other games that are shared by the home xbox account still work....