Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360?

Discus and support Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to play GTA on my 360 and it won't load any saved games or start on an old profile. The hard drive shows it's all there. I plugged into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bryan Bsd, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Bryan Bsd
    Bryan Bsd Guest

Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360?

Trying to play GTA on my 360 and it won't load any saved games or start on an old profile.

The hard drive shows it's all there.

I plugged into internet and, boom, it loaded right up first try. Unplugged it and tried again and it starts on the first mission with no option to load saved games.

So, how is it all there but I can only access my hard drive if it's connected to internet?

:)

Bryan Bsd, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Brynan, by your description it is synchronizing with Live's servers to verify saves.

You can try a system rollback, but I believe it will always do this check.

Roll back and reinstall system updates.

To do this:

In the console, go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Highlight the memory unit

Enter the following sequence of buttons: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X

This opens the Delete System Update window.

Select Yes.

This restarts the console.

If it does not work after this procedure, we advise you to wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue.
  3. King Skorpio 25 Win User

Assassins creed unity Achievement not working (First Blood)

it worked!

you have to

1 turn of internet connection or go offline

2 delete the file saved on the hard drive

3 play up to and finish all of sequence 3

4 shut down game and delete current save file from hard drive

(there should be no file saved at all now on drive)

5 reconnect to internet and launch game

achievement should be there as well as ur old file from the cloud

thats what i just did and after months i am finished this game
  4. Jack T. Chance Win User

Just got new 250GB model...Can I share hard drive with old one?

Yes, it's possible. Just use the Hard Drive Transfer Cable to copy all of your data from the old 120 GB Elite Hard Drive to the 250 GB drive for your new system. This also removes your profile, game saves, etc. from the old hard drive. Then you can sell
    it with no problem.

As for using 2 360s in different parts of the house... totally possible thanks to the addition of Cloud Game Saves and Roaming Profiles through Xbox Live Gold! You can now log into your Xbox Live Profile from ANY 360, as long as it's connected to the internet!
    And you can take saves for games you play on both machines and upload them onto the Cloud Saves server, so they can be accessed from both machines, as long as you have both connected to the interwebz, you'll be good. Hope that helps. :)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Swapping 360 slim hardrives.

Hi,

You only really need an official Xbox 360 Slim hard drive if:

• The game insists on using an internal 360 hard drive. There are a select few 360 games that need to install some data from the disc to run, these games need an internal drive.
    • You still want to play original Xbox games.
    For almost all other Xbox 360 games you can install to a external hard drive via a USB cable. The Xbox 360 supports external drives up to 2TB. If you connect an standard external hard drive via USB you can just move the game or saves to the external drive.

Unless your Xbox 360 drive is official, you won't be able to play original Xbox games. Most drives are not official. Any official hard drive will be quite old now as Microsoft hasn't made these drives for nearly a decade.

I have an old Xbox 360 I use occasionally for games that are either not BC on the Xbox One/Series X or were never released on PC. I use a 1TB external hard drive. I also want to insure that my Xbox 360s old DVD drive will continue to work into the future, so I install my 360 disc games to the 1TB drive.
  6. SiLeNt Ph0eNiX Win User

Hard Drive Unformatted Suddenly

Hello,

I'm afraid you can't bring back save games, unless you have them saved on another hard drive or USB.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play old saved games from hard drive unless I'm connected to internet on 360? - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  5. Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4: Hi, I have a problem with microsoft store because I can't play Fnaf 4 even though, I bought it on play store with my google account and I use my google account for Microsoft store....
  6. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  7. Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one: I used to play the game via game pass it was removed a few days ago since then I can't play I own the xbox series S/X Game and have a ultimate subscription so surely from what the message says I...
  8. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  9. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  10. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....