Why can't I play Minecraft multiplayer?

Discus and support Why can't I play Minecraft multiplayer? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been wanting to join my friend's realm on Minecraft from my Xbox Series S, but whenever I open it up I get a message saying something along the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Will Souza, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Will Souza
    Will Souza Guest

I have been wanting to join my friend's realm on Minecraft from my Xbox Series S, but whenever I open it up I get a message saying something along the lines of "You can not play Minecraft multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." It has a link to the instructions to fix this problem, however after following all of the instructions nothing has changed. All of my privacy and online safety settings are all set so I can play online. I have been able to play Minecraft online in the past and have even had a Realms subscription on that same Xbox at one point. I am able to play other games online with no issues so I don't understand why I can't play Minecraft. I have taken several other steps in order to make it work, such as deleting and redownloading Minecraft and power cycling. I also spent 2 hours the other night talking to the virtual agent and another person in the community, and they helped me create a new account to add my original account to an Xbox family so I could change the settings from that account, and that didn't work either. I would appreciate any help.

:)

Will Souza, Feb 7, 2023
  2. lxSakuraixl Win User

I don't know why I can't still play multiplayer

I have multiplayer ALLOWED but I can't still play multiplayer on minecraft why?
    maybe you don't have xbox live or its just a bug
  3. Alex Shouldice Win User

I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

Hi, so I don't actually pay for the gold subscription but I still can play gold games and online multiplayer. so I don't know why I can't play minecraft online multiplayer.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Why can't I play minecraft multiplayer on minecraft?

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Why can't I play minecraft multiplayer on minecraft?

Hello Elise Stellnert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to play Minecraft in multiplayer mode. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Before we share details about this concern, please answer our questions below to isolate the issue:

1. May we ask what is the platform you are trying to play Minecraft with?
    2. Since you have mention that you are not part of family, is your age considered as adult in your country or region? Please do not provide your age here.
    3. Have you been previously part of a Microsoft Family group?
    4. What is the Xbox Network if you are using Xbox Console or PC?
      • For Windows 10:
        • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
        • Look for NAT Type.
        • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.
      • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
        • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
        • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
        • Look for NAT Type.
      • For Console:
        • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
        • Select Network and Network Settings.
        • Look for NAT Type.

There are two things about playing multiplayer mode restrictions: device (platform) restriction or Xbox Network or your account.

• If you are unable to update your account settings, you may not yet be of legal age in your country or region, or it may mean that you are a member of the Microsoft Family Group, which has an organizer.

• To ensure you can play Minecraft in multiplayer mode, you may need to visit this page: Microsoft Family Safety and check if you are part of an existing Microsoft Family group. If you are part of a Microsoft Family group, please let your parents/guardians (or the organizer) know so they can assist you with your account. Otherwise, you may seek assistance from parents/guardians that you have. Only then the account privacy can be enabled for multiplayer.

Source: How to Manage Parental Consent, Family Settings and Realms/Multiplayer Access for a Child Account | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Will! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues playing Minecraft.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

- Are you able to play Minecraft as a single player?

- Do you currently have an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

- Would you mind giving me a few examples of other games you can play online?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play Minecraft multiplayer? - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  5. Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4: Hi, I have a problem with microsoft store because I can't play Fnaf 4 even though, I bought it on play store with my google account and I use my google account for Microsoft store....
  6. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  7. Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one: I used to play the game via game pass it was removed a few days ago since then I can't play I own the xbox series S/X Game and have a ultimate subscription so surely from what the message says I...
  8. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  9. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  10. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....