Why can't I play games online? Even though I have ultimate game pass which includes Xbox live?

Discus and support Why can't I play games online? Even though I have ultimate game pass which includes Xbox live? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wifi is connected, I double checked if the game pass redeemed correctly and it did but still no ability to play online. Because if I'm correct last I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chance (LiLTas#3193), Jan 19, 2023.

1. Why can't I play games online? Even though I have ultimate game pass which includes Xbox live?

Wifi is connected, I double checked if the game pass redeemed correctly and it did but still no ability to play online. Because if I'm correct last I remember game pass included Xbox live... So what have I done wrong or should I do to fix this issue?

:)

Chance (LiLTas#3193), Jan 19, 2023
  2. Chance (LiLTas#3193) Win User

Why can't I play games online? Even though I have ultimate game pass which includes Xbox live?

I've tried that and still nothing

[​IMG]
  3. Ben4724 Win User

For the Xbox Game Pass just to clarify, is it showing as active and does it show on your end if it is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, or is it a different one?

The one that has Xbox live should be the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate just in case a different subscription is showing.
  4. Ben4724 Win User

Thanks for getting back to us! Nope it shouldn't affect your ability to play online specially if you have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Gold.

Is it happening to all your games? If you can provide the error message as well that would be great. Also, I suggest to try removing and adding your profile back to your console. Here is the link for the steps how: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Looking forward to your response for the details and if you have tried to remove and add your profile as well.

Thanks!
  5. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to assist.

With regards to your issue, did it happen that you just recently renew your subscription? Sometimes it will take few minutes for it to reflect.

But to make sure that the subscription you purchased is correct, first please go to https://account.microsoft.com/services page. Here kindly verify if the one showing active is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

If it is then it is the one that has Xbox live feature to go online. Once we are sure it is now active, I suggest to try restarting your console/device and access at least 2 online games to check whether it is working or not on both games.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Ben
  6. Chance (LiLTas#3193) Win User

I ended up figuring it out I had to reset my Xbox but save your games and apps but thank you again community and Ben for the time to help with the ideas to try! Thanks again.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play games online? Even though I have ultimate game pass which includes Xbox live? - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  5. Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4: Hi, I have a problem with microsoft store because I can't play Fnaf 4 even though, I bought it on play store with my google account and I use my google account for Microsoft store....
  6. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  7. Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one: I used to play the game via game pass it was removed a few days ago since then I can't play I own the xbox series S/X Game and have a ultimate subscription so surely from what the message says I...
  8. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  9. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  10. Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox...: Why can't I play Forza 5 without a game pass even though I bought the forza bundle xbox series x? Whenever I try to play it, it shows error 0x803f800b. Please help....