Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote?

Discus and support Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X and a Vizio OLED55-H1 which has HDMI-CEC capabilities. When I go to the HDMI-CEC settings on my Xbox, I cannot find the option... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GrantHensley, Nov 24, 2022.

1. GrantHensley
    GrantHensley Guest

I have an Xbox Series X and a Vizio OLED55-H1 which has HDMI-CEC capabilities. When I go to the HDMI-CEC settings on my Xbox, I cannot find the option "Use TV remote for console". I have enabled the HDMI-CEC function on my Xbox and TV and I can use the remote to turn the Xbox on, but cannot navigate with the remote. I am also able to navigate my PS4 Pro with my remote just fine.

Is there a compatibility issue with Vizio TVs and Xbox?

:)

GrantHensley, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this GrantHensley

As far as I know the remote navigation is compatible with any TV that supports HDMI-CEC

We can try to isolate the issue a bit more. For this please try disabling the HDMI-CEC feature on both TV and Xbox

Then power cycle your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Once power cycled, turn on the feature on your TV and then on your Xbox and test if now works

If maybe the issue persists try this:

A. Can be a bit odd but connect your Xbox console to another HDMI port (or exchange the ports, I mean. Connect your Xbox to the HDMI port used by the PS4 and vice versa)

B. Try leaving connected temporarily only the Xbox console and test again
  3. H3PA80R Win User

Sony Bravia For Xbox Series X

I don´t see there any problems. The Xbox One X works great on a none 4K TV too. So why should it be any different with the Series X?
  4. Brenton Venables Win User

One Guide - Freeview Sydney Australia - No info available

I really think they (Microsoft) are dropping that OTA TV Guide (Option) due to the fact that the Xbox Series X has no HDMI In. So There will be no OTA TV option so they are phasing us out. Very disappointing!!
    I use the dvb-t usb tuner. Why would that be unsupported on series x?
  5. GHOST4853 Win User

120hz Xbox one s problem

Lgnano86/85, it’s a 4k tv that I got to use with the Xbox series x and I’m still waiting on the new Xbox. I’m just not sure why my Xbox becomes more blurry when I put it on 120hz mode
  6. mohamadhakimi1 Win User

Xbox series x banned

In iran finding xbox series x discs game is so hard and rarely you can find discs. The xbox 1 discs is alot. But series x discs u can't find. I don't know why?
Thema:

1. Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote? - Similar Threads - Why can't navigate

2. Why can't I play minecraft java edition even though I have gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play minecraft java edition even though I have gamepass?: I was once able to play Java edition on my computer, and I had gamepass. Now I can only play demo for some reason. Anyone know why? 9a03f361-2d7b-4042-b282-24012cb66e52
  3. Why can't anyone help but several people have the same issues???

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't anyone help but several people have the same issues???: So I see that several people have had the same issues with several different games but just on their own profile is the only one having the issue well I'm having the same issue with rocket league...
  4. Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...: It is really strange how I can hear other people talk in the party chat but I can't. And I have tried with 2 different mics and tried both mics for a phone call on my phone and they both work...
  5. Why can't I log into my Minecraft account anymore? Error 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I log into my Minecraft account anymore? Error 0x80070002: It's a long time ago since I played minecraft and I wanted to play it again. But when I downloaded the minecraft launcher and tried to log in it says: The system can't find the folder....
  6. Why i can't install crossgen bundle cod mw2 on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't install crossgen bundle cod mw2 on pc: So, I bought the crossgen bundle COD MW2 (2022) on xbox but now i wanted to install it on my pc but I can't finde my games from gamepass nor the onece that i bought. I tried installing it from the...
  7. Why can't my friend use cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my friend use cloud gaming?: Both me and my friend have the same Xbox (Xbox series x) live in the US in the same state. We both have games pass ultimate and games in the library have a cloud symbol in the right corner, but it...
  8. Why can't I install The Hitman Trilogy and why isn't it showing up in my Xbox library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install The Hitman Trilogy and why isn't it showing up in my Xbox library?: I redeemed a code for The Hitman Trilogy and the game does not show up in my Xbox library. It does however show up in my order history as "redeemed" I cannot install it though and it doesn't show...
  9. Why can't log in to my Microsoft account on my ps4 for some odd reason?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't log in to my Microsoft account on my ps4 for some odd reason?: I'm trying to play and connect to my Microsoft account because for some reason i got logged out, so i tried logging with my email but it just tells me "there is a account on here already" i used...
  10. Why can't I play online still

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play online still: My account got suspended for 2 days and that was over 2 days ago and yet I still am yet to be able to play online or talk to people in both party or normal text through Xbox, i checked and it says...