Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote?

Discus and support Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X and a Vizio OLED55-H1 which has HDMI-CEC capabilities. When I go to the HDMI-CEC settings on my Xbox, I cannot find the option... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GrantHensley, Nov 24, 2022.

1. GrantHensley
    GrantHensley Guest

I have an Xbox Series X and a Vizio OLED55-H1 which has HDMI-CEC capabilities. When I go to the HDMI-CEC settings on my Xbox, I cannot find the option "Use TV remote for console". I have enabled the HDMI-CEC function on my Xbox and TV and I can use the remote to turn the Xbox on, but cannot navigate with the remote. I am also able to navigate my PS4 Pro with my remote just fine.

Is there a compatibility issue with Vizio TVs and Xbox?

:)

GrantHensley, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this GrantHensley

As far as I know the remote navigation is compatible with any TV that supports HDMI-CEC

We can try to isolate the issue a bit more. For this please try disabling the HDMI-CEC feature on both TV and Xbox

Then power cycle your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Once power cycled, turn on the feature on your TV and then on your Xbox and test if now works

If maybe the issue persists try this:

A. Can be a bit odd but connect your Xbox console to another HDMI port (or exchange the ports, I mean. Connect your Xbox to the HDMI port used by the PS4 and vice versa)

B. Try leaving connected temporarily only the Xbox console and test again
  3. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  4. An Xbox Dude Win User

Xbox One Media Remote: is it redundant?

The media remote makes it easier to navigate the OneGuide, rather than using a controller. I only use my cable box remote to launch my TV recordings.
  5. DOUBLE_D_ Win User

how Xbox is polluting the planet.

couldn’t they made the Xbox series x controller have a rechargeable battery built in like the ps5 and nintendo switch controller. Rechargeable tv remotes. Should be a thing.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.

ive done that, thats why i also stated that ive tried with different cables and different tvs
    Exactly why I mentioned the SOURCE button of each TV's remote control.

Note For the Xbox Series X console, make sure to use the Ultra High Speed HDMI cable provided with the console. If you require a longer cable, make sure to purchase a certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cable that supports HDMI 2.1 features.

Setup new Series X
Thema:

1. Why can't I navigate my Xbox Series X with TV remote? - Similar Threads - Why can't navigate

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  9. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  10. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...