Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?

Discus and support Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move. efdbb4ec-9132-48db-8aa2-6209f598a8f9 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RylanY, May 8, 2023.

1. RylanY
    RylanY Guest

It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move.

:)

RylanY, May 8, 2023
  2. RylanY Win User

I tried it with 2 different controllers and updated them both, used 3 different headsets and still not working.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for that and can you please make sure that the headsets are plugged in correctly? If possible, plug in the headsets carefully and slowly.

Then perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, is your headset plugged into your Xbox controller or you're using an Xbox Wireless Headset?

If your headset is plugged into your Xbox controller, kindly check if there is an update:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

If you also have a different controller that you can try to use in plugging in your headset that would be great for you to test out.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Let's then reset the console keeping your games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  6. Jousma Family Win User

Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

I am not sure why my system still have other specific Chat Mixer setting.
    As best I can tell, the Chat Mixer effects how loud your TV is while in party chat, but it doesn't seem to do anything for headsets.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer? - Similar Threads - Why can’t move

2. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  3. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  4. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  5. Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Can’t I make payments or purchase on the Xbox or Ms store?: Greetings. I’m a gamer on the Xbox platform, I got my console sent to me from the US not long ago. Been trying to purchase game pass but it doesn’t allow me. I was starting to think it was a...
  6. Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?: I just bought an elite controller today and I can’t click on the left stick to sprint in call of duty at certain angles. I can only click on it when I press exactly at a 45 degree angle....
  7. Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?: I had a two week suspension because I said the “f” word when I died. I got a two week suspension. It lifted. I still can’t communicate with other players. What do I do?...
  8. why can’t i livestream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can’t i livestream?: i live stream through twitch, but when i try going live now, it gives me the loading circle and it never ends, it an error message shows up. when i try to open twitch, it says an error occurred...
  9. Why can’t I move my non x/s game on to my added on hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I move my non x/s game on to my added on hard drive?: My internal storage is near full and when I try downloading x/s games I can’t as my storage is near full so I try move my non x/s game but when I do it’s stuck on 0%. I’m not sure how to fix this...
  10. Why can’t I move the cursor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I move the cursor: When I try to move the cursor it jumps back to where it was. b1e9f68e-66ad-4b0b-b1bb-2318bc232932