Why can’t I live stream

Discus and support Why can’t I live stream in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m trying to live stream on twitch and my Xbox says “ To live stream a game, make sure your privacy allows it. The game you’re are playing also need... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ExaltedStone35, May 4, 2023.

1. Why can’t I live stream

I’m trying to live stream on twitch and my Xbox says “ To live stream a game, make sure your privacy allows it. The game you’re are playing also need to allow live streaming” and I have checked my settings and have every thing allowed to live stream. also rainbow 6 siege allows streaming. I have also streamed it on different occasions, I don’t know how to make it work. Please help

:)

ExaltedStone35, May 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Why can’t I live stream

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

To confirm, have you tried to stream a different game if you got the same issue?

And this is where you updated your privacy settings https://account.xbox.com/Settings?

Let's try to re-add your account instead to refresh it and power cycle your console as well:
    Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

My child’s account shows “Couldn’t start you game streaming session” Unable to connect to server. Please try again. Samsung TV Xbox app with Fortnite. My account is fine. Any thoughts?

Hello Mark Rieger1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your child is experiencing issues with game streaming using his account. Let us help you by addressing your concern timely.

The reason why there is an error in streaming while using your son's account it is because child accounts are not allowed to stream. Make sure you’re signed in to an adult account. You can check the information provided in this link: Why can’t I live stream my game? | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. CarTzy Win User

It doesn’t let me stream when I go to capture and share

Hello ComplexZero0,

Welcome to Xbox Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Where are you trying to live stream?
    • How is your streaming set up?

You can capture while live streaming on Xbox Console.

You can download and install Xbox Console Companion from the Microsoft Store.

It will allow you to capture and live stream your Xbox screen on your computer.

You can also start a Twitch stream directly from your Xbox by navigating to the “Capture and Share” tab on the guide and selecting “Live streaming”.

You can also live stream with a webcam on your Xbox console by going to Capture & share > Live streaming > Camera options and checking that your camera is set to On.

You may also visit the links below for additional help.

Why can’t I live stream my game? | Xbox Support

Live stream with a webcam on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Xbox Live Streaming with Twitch - Xbox Wire

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi I took a break from streaming from xbox for a few moonths and i can't figure out how to stream do I need something else to stream.

Hi rosebud7998,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Please make sure first that Live stream gameplay is set to allow on your account. See this page for more details: Why can’t I live stream my game? | Xbox Support.

Here are some pages also that may help us in doing a live stream on Xbox:

How to live stream on Xbox | Xbox Support

Turn on game streaming on your Xbox One console - Microsoft Support

Stream games from your Xbox One console to your PC - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Marrion

Microsoft Moderator
  6. CarTzy Win User

streaming problem

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties streaming. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What platform are you playing (Xbox Console, PC or phone)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    • What are the device specs, make and model?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Why can’t I live stream my game?

Why can’t I live stream my game? | Xbox Support

How to live stream on Xbox

How to live stream on Xbox | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
Thema:

Why can’t I live stream

1. Why can’t I live stream - Similar Threads - Why can’t live

2. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  3. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?: I just downloaded Black Ops 1 and whenever I go to the main menu, it automatically signs me out and when I go to sign back in, it says that I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I checked my consoles...
  5. I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues: I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account and I can’t sigh into my account period, kinda annoying!!!!! 5d16ca68-602a-4116-b587-f8dd7e4d58bc
  6. Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?: Good day everyone, every time I try to run a BC game on my Xbox one and try to connect to live it tells me that there’s troubleshooting, I’ve tried every solution, power cycling, manual ip...
  7. Why can’t I sign in to my Xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to my Xbox live on my Xbox 360: When trying to sign in all it does is take me to the Avatar selection screen when I get on my profile it just signs me out anyone got a fix? 5a3e9102-1903-439d-b065-d95093dd6d82
  8. Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?: I can access any of the live options on the flight sim. With weather i am only able to pick the present setting. Custom weather won’t ever work. So I’m stuck with just perfect sky’s which isn’t...
  9. Why can’t I sign in to Xbox network (Xbox live) on my 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to Xbox network (Xbox live) on my 360: I have my 360 since it came out same with one same with series x and I have never had this problem until last week that I was not able to sign in or connect to live on my 369 or 360 games on one I...
  10. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?: It keeps saying your connection to Xbox live has been lost please sign again but when I do it’s perfectly fine. This is on Xbox 360 I just wanted to play some BO2 online for nostalgia, please...