Why can't I join or create any group text chat?

Discus and support Why can't I join or create any group text chat? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Every time I try to create or join a group text chat, it gives me the "Something went wrong" error. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JoshuaTrevallion, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Why can't I join or create any group text chat?

Every time I try to create or join a group text chat, it gives me the "Something went wrong" error. Can someone help me?

:)

JoshuaTrevallion, Feb 16, 2023
  2. JoshuaTrevallion Win User

Yes, but the perks dont show as well as my main concern about the group chats.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, are you on an Xbox console?
  4. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for letting me know. Let's perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Why can't I ever join or create a looking for group post

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  6. JUICE 5150 Win User

The patch made things worse

Well me and my group continue to have multiple party chat issues and party invite issues (can't hear people in party chat can't join etc)
Thema:

1. Why can't I join or create any group text chat? - Similar Threads - Why can't join

2. Why can't I join a xbox party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join a xbox party?: Whenever I try to join one It is greyed out and won't let me join, but I can make one. I tried going through my social settings and everything is correct, so just looking for any advice....
  3. Why can't i join or host a terraria server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i join or host a terraria server?: Hi I bought terraria one month ago to play it with my friends. However i needed game pass ultimate, so i bought it to play multiplayer. When i want to play multiplayer i can't join a server, when...
  4. Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?: Whenever I go to join one of my personal worlds, the message: Disconnected due to an unexpected type of packet received which cannot be processed, pops up on my screen. I don't know why this is,...
  5. Why can't I join parties?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join parties?: I cannot join parties or send messages despite no suspensions, the message "your xbox profile is not able to join parties" appears when I try clicking on the join party button on my friends...
  6. Why can't I join a LAN world?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join a LAN world?: I'm trying to connect to my sister's LAN world, and I get the error message Failed to connect to the server Connection timed out: no further information. I'm using an OMEN Laptop and the Java...
  7. Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...: Made the family and saved all the information stating that he can talk and communicate with online people, play cross platform, nothing is age restricted I dont understand why his account is...
  8. Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?: im on nintendo with a microsoft account and nintendo live. why cant i join my friends that play on a ps4, and dont have a microsoft account? I don't have realms, and neither do my friends on ps4....
  9. Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3): I was playing Minecraft Education Edition on my school account and I could play with no disruptions or problems but suddenly out of nowhere, I couldn't host a server or join other player's...
  10. Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?: Whenever I try to accept a realm invite from a friend (their on PS5) it tells me that my privacy settings don't allow it and that it could be because I'm in a family. I'm not in a family and I...