Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?

Discus and support Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Whenever I try to accept a realm invite from a friend (their on PS5) it tells me that my privacy settings don't allow it and that it could be because... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by toffee.a, May 10, 2023.

1. toffee.a
    toffee.a Guest

Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?

Whenever I try to accept a realm invite from a friend (their on PS5) it tells me that my privacy settings don't allow it and that it could be because I'm in a family. I'm not in a family and I don't know why I don't have access to my account settings. However I could join the realm of a friend who plays on PC without even needing to access my settings at all. I don't know if its an issue with my account or what age it's set at but any advice on how to gain access to my privacy and online safety settings is very appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

toffee.a, May 10, 2023
  2. Josué Quito Win User

Can't use my Minecraft Realm

I did it, and still can't join my realm. Not even my friends can join my realm.
  3. CamicaziBoss Win User

Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

Hey there! You're going to need to verify which version of Minecraft you have. There are two on the Xbox One that you could have.

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition is no longer supported. It's playable, but it can't be found in the Store and does not receive updates. This version of the game does not have Realms access.

Minecraft/Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition/Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (All just different names for the same game) is the version with Realms that are cross-compatible.

Java version (only available on PC) is not compatible with Xbox.

If your child's friend has the Realm set up on the correct version of Minecraft, you just need a Gold Subscription. Realm hosts pay the monthly fee to keep the Realm online. The friend will need to invite your friend/add them as a Realm member from their
    Xbox or PC, then your child will receive a little envelope thing on their Minecraft menu. That is the Realm invitation. Once that's accepted, they should be able to join the Realm.
  4. Ogrebeth Win User

Minecraft vs Minecraft XBox One Edition

The cross play of Minecraft works as such,

The PC/MAC is separate from the other versions in terms of cross-play. As in the only way to join a game with console or mobile players (or Windows 10) is to play on a realm.

Console (Xbox and PS), Mobile and Windows 10 will all work without needing realms as long as your friends are online or on the same network as yourself.

It is only the PC/MAC version of the game that will require you to use realms to join each others game.
    But his friends are on Xbox One edition and my son has the newest minecraft. Apparently they can't play together because they're on different versions?? That's what I'm trying to determine. They're not trying to join realms.
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Minecraft

Hello SamanthaMartin4,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. Can you please provide more details regarding Minecraft? Are you searching for a Minecraft Realms invite from a friend? In case you are attempting to join a Realm, you can find details on how to find an invite under "Joining Someone's Realm" Minecraft Realms - How do I Join Someone's Realm

We look forward to your response!

-Tali
  6. Elmo DFZ Win User

I can't buy a minecraft realm - store connection lost

This is also happening to me on PC. Anyway to help?
    Same here, simply can't buy a realms sub on PC. Doesn't even show me the price per month, it's blank. Yet I can get a free trial of java realms on the actual website.

PS5 can't purchase realms from the store either! Something is broken and no one at Mojang/Minecraft is doing anything to address it.
Thema:

1. Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC? - Similar Threads - Why can't join

2. Why can't I join a xbox party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join a xbox party?: Whenever I try to join one It is greyed out and won't let me join, but I can make one. I tried going through my social settings and everything is correct, so just looking for any advice....
  3. Why can't i join or host a terraria server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i join or host a terraria server?: Hi I bought terraria one month ago to play it with my friends. However i needed game pass ultimate, so i bought it to play multiplayer. When i want to play multiplayer i can't join a server, when...
  4. Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?: Whenever I go to join one of my personal worlds, the message: Disconnected due to an unexpected type of packet received which cannot be processed, pops up on my screen. I don't know why this is,...
  5. Why can't I join parties?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join parties?: I cannot join parties or send messages despite no suspensions, the message "your xbox profile is not able to join parties" appears when I try clicking on the join party button on my friends...
  6. Why can't I join a LAN world?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join a LAN world?: I'm trying to connect to my sister's LAN world, and I get the error message Failed to connect to the server Connection timed out: no further information. I'm using an OMEN Laptop and the Java...
  7. Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...: Made the family and saved all the information stating that he can talk and communicate with online people, play cross platform, nothing is age restricted I dont understand why his account is...
  8. Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?: im on nintendo with a microsoft account and nintendo live. why cant i join my friends that play on a ps4, and dont have a microsoft account? I don't have realms, and neither do my friends on ps4....
  9. Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3): I was playing Minecraft Education Edition on my school account and I could play with no disruptions or problems but suddenly out of nowhere, I couldn't host a server or join other player's...
  10. Minecraft - Why can't I join my girlfriend who's playing on the PS5 from my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Why can't I join my girlfriend who's playing on the PS5 from my PC?: Hello, I'm having issues with Minecraft. For some reason, whenever I try to join the server my girlfriend is playing on from her PS5, I receive an "unable to load world" error. I have tried...