Why can't I install the game I purchased any more?

Discus and support Why can't I install the game I purchased any more? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition in 2018 and have been playing that game from time to time. Today when I tried to start it I got the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Albin Bergström, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Why can't I install the game I purchased any more?

I bought the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition in 2018 and have been playing that game from time to time. Today when I tried to start it I got the following error message:

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

As part of trying to find a solution to that problem I first reset the game files via Windows but to no avail so I uninstalled the game in hope of fixing it with a reinstallation. So now the game is uninstalled but when I go to Microsoft Store to download it anew it says that the game is not currently available:

https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/p/age-of-empires-definitive-edition/9n2kmdvlk85d

There's a button telling me I can redeem a code but I have no such code.

What to do?

I'm running Windows 10 Education, as updated as can be (10.0.19044 Build 19044 in my case).

:)

Albin Bergström, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Albin Bergström Win User

Thank you, here's the order:

[​IMG]
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Albin! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please confirm that the email you are using to log in the Microsoft store app is the one that made the purchase of the game by logging in this site and looking for the purchase

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If you find it, please share a screenshot, but don't include any personal information
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Why can't I install any of my games?

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Make sure all updates are installed, try downloading from the Xbox app or from your computer to see if it works. Make sure the internet is connected correctly.

Lear the cache, in some cases it can solve the problem: Press the Xbox button on the controller.
    Go to your profile icon and select “Settings”.
    Select "Devices and Connections", then "Blu-ray".
    Select "Persistent Storage".
    Select "Clear Persistent Storage". (Note) Clearing the cache removes all game updates already downloaded. You will need to download these updates again the next time you play the game.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  5. Rostom L Win User

Can't install game I purchased

6. SkullMan87 Win User

Why can't I purchase games?

*sigh* Yup...this brought me to the right place where I can buy it. I shouldn't have done the exact instructions it told me to do, I guess I should've figured Xbox wasn't going to make anything obvious, they never do.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Why can't I install the game I purchased any more? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  4. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  5. Why can't I install Dark souls 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Dark souls 360: I own the game and the dlc I played it a couple of years back and now I can't install it. Is it no longer available. 41c0acb3-6b99-4e95-b428-6fa8d0e6149c
  6. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  7. Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?: Just bought a series X. Wanted to play Mortal Kombat 11 again, but dont care about the X/S version and wanted to re-download the Version for the One. I have an external for such games. and most...
  8. Why can't I install the game I own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install the game I own?: My Xbox ultimate subscription just ended and the game I've owned for years before game pass (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege) stopped letting me play the game so I uninstalled it and now I cannot...
  9. Why can't I install minecraft on my new PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install minecraft on my new PC?: Every time I try to install/launch Minecraft on my new PC it gives me the same error code and fails to complete. I have spent over 2 hours troubleshooting online and have not found a solution that...
  10. Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install 360 games on my series x offline?: Im currently trying to install a backwards compatible game on my series x and it says install disc on the dashboard like normal but when I try to install it nothing happens. Note I have no wifi...