why cant i install games using xbox app on pc?

Discus and support why cant i install games using xbox app on pc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my xbox app is saying problem loading installations location and to install or update gaming services app when it is already installed and up to date... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZacharyPasdach, Feb 19, 2023.

1. why cant i install games using xbox app on pc?

my xbox app is saying problem loading installations location and to install or update gaming services app when it is already installed and up to date and it doesnt even give me the option to try and change installation location.

:)

ZacharyPasdach, Feb 19, 2023
  2. ZacharyPasdach Win User

i have windows 11 and it is up to date we even reinstalled windows to see if that would fix it and nothing everything is up to date and i have reinstalled the xbox app and gaming services
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ZacharyPasdach, are you playing on Pc, what would be your operating system, Win 10 or 11?

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. Paul1708 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC no applicable devices?

Hey

I cant tell fully has your screenshot doesnt include the full page but that looks like your trying too install the game from microsoft.com. You cant install games too PC from the website you need too use the xbox beta app.

You can install the app from the microsoft store but you do need too be on windows 10 version 1903 in order too install

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/pc-games#
  5. JoanneRay Win User

xbox app not working on windows 10 pc

xbox app is not working on windows 10 pc. i uninstalled and am trying to reinstall and the app will not reinstall. when you click on install it just sits there and nothing happens
    got xbox app to finally install but cant type in chat from xbox game bar
  6. fluffy gamer Win User

error code 0x80048869 i cant reply bc of a bug i think so i need to write over this

it works on app and i cant reply idk why but i can login to microsoft and the xbox phone app but still not pc
Thema:

1. why cant i install games using xbox app on pc? - Similar Threads - why cant install

2. Why cant I interact with group posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I interact with group posts?: I cannot interact with group posts in any way. When I try to create a post, I get a message sayinh there was a problem. When I click the "I'm Interested" button, I get a notification saying it was...
  3. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  4. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  5. Why cant I install minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install minecraft bedrock: Im trying to play Minecraft bedrock but its not letting me install. Its showing a frown face. Whats the prblem. 8d89f843-2c58-46d5-ba3e-70f955f1d492
  6. Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10: Hello, I have a subscription xbox pas games ultimate , with this subscription I can play lots of xbox games on my pc. I have an external hdisk where I prefer install my games. I set in general...
  7. i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???: i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???i can download only the base version omg i payed 100 plus euro for nothing? 6225b88e-d2f8-461e-8dce-aae2dd961a54
  8. Why i Cant install D4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i Cant install D4?: Hallo, i bought the Game at first as normal Version. After that i bought the deluxe Version at the Store. Why i can't Play it now. Thank you for the help. Best greetings. Arkadius...
  9. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...
  10. why cant i download install or update my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download install or update my games: whenever i click download or cancel or install it just sits at zero percent the entire time and it does literally nothing it just sits there i need help please im on xbox game pass for windows 10...