Why can’t I hear Xbox party and in game voice chat at the same time?

Discus and support Why can’t I hear Xbox party and in game voice chat at the same time? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I play many first person shooters that happen to have an in game voice chat feature. But when I am trying to talk to friends in Xbox party I cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Freddie MNR, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Freddie MNR
    Freddie MNR Guest

I play many first person shooters that happen to have an in game voice chat feature. But when I am trying to talk to friends in Xbox party I cannot hear the people talking in game.

:)

Freddie MNR, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Freddie, on which platform you would be playing, Xbox or PC, does this happen with all games or only with some in particular?

Have you received any suspension or banfrom Enforcement?

You could tell how your NAT is, it is very important for multiplayer mode and party chat.

If you can give more details, I'll be waiting for your reply.
  3. MarizaGonzalez Win User

Mic not working in game chat

Did you ever find a solution? Mine does the same thing and I have an XBox One brand level 3 headset. Works fine on party chat, can hear people in game chat, they can’t hear me. I have voice overlay on and my name doesn’t even come up as if I am talking.
    Checked all privacy settings, reset xbox, controller and console updated, etc..
  4. DivStorm Win User

Skype chat help

This is the same problem I am having. Allow me to explain in detail.

When you enter party chat, game chat turns off and you are in the "party chat channel". This is so you can privately speak with your party and not the whole lobby. We all know this since it was the same on the 360.

When you are not in party chat you are in the "game chat channel" and therefore can speak with and hear other players in the online match lobby. Again we all know this since it was the same on the 360.

However, when you are in a Skype call on the Xbox One, and you go into an online match of any game, not only is yor voice broadcasting to your Skype call, it is broadcasting to the "game chat channel". You are also receiving the game chat audio through your
    headset at the same time. Thus you are speaking with and hearing the entire lobby AND your Skype call at the same time. Therefore Skype is only viable as chat platform if you are in single player, which does not seem like it is working as intended.

I know it is not the Kinect because I have the option to use Kinect for voice chat turned off.

Why is Skype not its own channel that allows private communication?
  5. TcRsBlade Win User

Xbox live Party chat - huge delay

You are right, most games handle the voice chat better than the party chat does. But we shouldn't have to configure the settings (for example only friends hear me) for every game. That's why something like a party chat exists.

I hope this is fixable.
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Can people in-game hear me if I'm in a xbox party?

Party chat is more private, where as in-game chat everyone in that session or within proximity of you will hear your voice, and you can hear their voices.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I hear Xbox party and in game voice chat at the same time? - Similar Threads - Why can’t hear

2. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  5. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  6. Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?: When I play in teams, I can’t hear anybody? I can hear people when in the lobby but nothing when the game starts? Any help? a482bade-63d2-47d7-b857-ed32b0adad5d
  7. I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?: I got this Xbox one 3 days ago and the voice chaye worked perfectly fine until today at first I couldn’t be heard but I fixed it. Then later on I couldn’t be heard at all I reset my counsel and...
  8. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  9. Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?: My friend cant add me or hear me in party chat after I blocked him by accident. 82e8969b-5b8d-4054-b015-10cf595a4120
  10. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...