Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?

Discus and support Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can still join a party. Can still send messages. I'm not voice chat banned so why is everyone in my call of duty game muted? I can't unmute them... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by safireredbling2, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak?

I can still join a party. Can still send messages. I'm not voice chat banned so why is everyone in my call of duty game muted? I can't unmute them either. I went to my Xbox settings and everything is enabled and set to everyone. The setting is also set to adult. Voice chat was working in the morning yesterday but I got on in the evening and this started to happen.

:)

safireredbling2, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I'm sorry for the trouble. In this case, let's then try to remove and re-add your account.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. BangtangSoya Win User

So everything was working fine but now when I tried to Play online the same thing happened again to where I couldn't hear people in game. My mic went back to not working. I had to delete my account and re add it to fix the issue a second time. I think this might be a bug that needs looking into.
  4. BangtangSoya Win User

Looks like deleting my account from the Xbox and adding it again worked.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make changes.

If everything is on "Allow" or set to "Everyone" kindly block all of them then power cycle your console and "Allow" and set it to "Everyone" again. This is to refresh your account setting.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. BangtangSoya Win User

Again this happened a 3rd time. Imma just play the way it is now because it'll just happen again.
Thema:

1. Why can't I hear people in game chat or speak? - Similar Threads - Why can't hear

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I hear non-friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear non-friends?: When I play any Xbox related games or when I'm in a party i can only hear my friends and not other people. I looked at my privacy settings and it says I should be able to, but I can't. I'm on Pc....
  10. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...