Why can’t I get to game (disc) without purchasing Xbox Live

Discus and support Why can’t I get to game (disc) without purchasing Xbox Live in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my son got over watch … game is loaded but when you “press a to play” it asks if you want to purchase Xbox Live … when “no thanks” is selected it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pumpkinmatty103, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Why can’t I get to game (disc) without purchasing Xbox Live

my son got over watch … game is loaded but when you “press a to play” it asks if you want to purchase Xbox Live … when “no thanks” is selected it starts the chain all over again.

Do I have to buy Xbox Live to play a game he owns on disc?

Any ideas?

We’ve tried cleaning the disc … we’ve restarted the machine.

Thanks in advance from a very non gamer Mom

:)

pumpkinmatty103, Nov 5, 2017
  2. Miss Ermine
    Miss Ermine Guest
    Unreadable disc half way through startup

Hey there G3n3ral219! I can't promise that there's going to be a way to get it behaving for free, but our best bet will be here: Xbox 360 Can’t Read Disc | Xbox
    Can’t Read Disc
    . If there's a way to get it behaving without requiring a repair, it'll be in that guide. Please let us know how it goes!

Miss Ermine, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Backwards compatibility

I can’t log onto Xbox Live when I try to play MW2 on my Xbox One. I have bought and downloaded the game from the Store. I get error code 80151904.

been waiting for nearly 13 hours for a response.

AlistairJoyce, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Overwatch is an online only game. Gold is required to play online so he would need a gold susbcription in order to play.

Smwutches, Nov 5, 2017
  5. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest
    Hi!

Yes, Overwatch requires a Gold subscription to play, as the

page
    says: "Requires Xbox Live Gold Sold Separately."

DominumStige, Nov 2, 2018
  6. DominumStige Win User

Hi!

Yes, Overwatch requires a Gold subscription to play, as the

page
    says: "Requires Xbox Live Gold Sold Separately."
  7. Smwutches Win User

Overwatch is an online only game. Gold is required to play online so he would need a gold susbcription in order to play.
  8. richardpeck3 Win User

XBox1 playing discs, not online

Don’t need to sign in anymore but still can’t play Reach without having to go to the xbox store. Why? It’s on my MCC disc.
  9. Miss Ermine Win User

Unreadable disc half way through startup

Hey there G3n3ral219! I can't promise that there's going to be a way to get it behaving for free, but our best bet will be here: Xbox 360 Can’t Read Disc | Xbox
    Can’t Read Disc
    . If there's a way to get it behaving without requiring a repair, it'll be in that guide. Please let us know how it goes!
  10. AlistairJoyce Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hi, no you do not have to download the game again. Just pay for the game, and you should be able to play it without the disc.
    I can’t log onto Xbox Live when I try to play MW2 on my Xbox One. I have bought and downloaded the game from the Store. I get error code 80151904.

been waiting for nearly 13 hours for a response.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I get to game (disc) without purchasing Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Why can’t game

2. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  3. Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I find my games I had for years. Does it have something to do with Xbox ultimate...: I’ve had many games took from me, these games I actually paid for digitally, through the Microsoft store , then out of nowhere, I think it something to do with either my ultimate subscription...
  4. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  5. Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?: I have gamepass ultimate for another month, it expires on the 24th of January, 24 days from now, and I can’t launch or play any game pass games at all but I can play all my bought games, what is...
  6. Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?: I got the PC game pass for 3 months and I cannot access any of the games that should come with game pass. Microsoft is telling me to buy the game pass despite me owning it, I even checked in the...
  7. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...
  8. Why can’t I play forza horizon 4 online with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play forza horizon 4 online with game pass ultimate: I just bought game pass ultimate to play with my friend, and it still says I don’t have the privileges to do so. Any reason why this may be happening? 596dba88-d15d-47b5-b1d9-99766f4f20ec
  9. Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??: Hi all I have a seagate hard drive, but every time I want to play a game that’s stored there it tells me I have to move it to the Xbox memory. I then have to move a game from the Xbox to the...
  10. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...