Why cant I fix error 0x80070002?

Discus and support Why cant I fix error 0x80070002? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have done everything i can to try and fix this but NOTHING is working. ff0061f2-fcc8-45e8-97e4-9a32b523fc80 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan Rozicki, May 22, 2023.

1. Dan Rozicki
    Dan Rozicki Guest

I have done everything i can to try and fix this but NOTHING is working.

:)

Dan Rozicki, May 22, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Error 0x80070002 is a common Windows error code that typically occurs when there is an issue with Windows Update or when specific files are missing or corrupted on your system.

Run Windows Update Troubleshooter: Windows includes a built-in troubleshooter that can help identify and fix common update-related issues. To access it, go to the Windows Settings, then Update & Security, and look for the Troubleshoot option.

Clear Windows Update cache: The Windows Update cache stores temporary files related to the update process, and sometimes, clearing it can help resolve issues. You can do this by following these steps:

a. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.

b. Type the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

c. After stopping the services, you need to rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each:

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

d. Finally, restart the services by typing the following commands:

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

Perform a system file check: Windows has a built-in utility called System File Checker (SFC) that can scan for and repair corrupted system files. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command "sfc /scannow." Allow the process to complete, and if any issues are found, SFC will attempt to fix them.

Check for disk errors: Use the built-in Disk Check utility to scan and repair any errors on your computer's hard drive. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command "chkdsk C: /f /r". You may need to restart your computer to allow the utility to check the system drive.

Disable third-party antivirus software temporarily: Sometimes, antivirus programs can interfere with the Windows Update process. Temporarily disabling your antivirus software and then attempting the update again might help resolve the error.
  3. Become Ash Win User

Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-xbox-app-sign-in-error-0x409-0x80070002/

I hope this helps if not my apologies.
  4. Dadtendo Win User

cant update windows

A quick search I found this. Hope it helps! https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/solved-how-to-fix-error-code-0x80070002-in-windows-update.html
  5. OneLiLjOkEr87 Win User

Error code (0x409) 0x80070002

Have you ever figured out what the problem was? I have just installed Halo and when it pulled the game up it gave me an error code: 0x80070002. Why is it doing this and how can it be fixed. It let me sign in to my Microsoft account,
    so why? If there is any answers to this matter please will you inform me on how to fix it because I am lost on what to do to take care of it!
  6. Grifxs Win User

0x80070002

Ever time that I try to launch a game digital or disc it keeps giving me this error such as 0x80070002. I was wondering if you could tell me how to fix it.
Thema:

1. Why cant I fix error 0x80070002? - Similar Threads - Why cant fix

2. Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare: Ive been trying to load my modern warefare to play warefare three and it wouldnt load and i un installed and wont let me reinstall and did a factory reset why cant i play it...
  3. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  4. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  5. Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I redeem my Xbox product key?: When i try to redeem it, it just says "Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page or device, or you may be ineligible to redeem this...
  6. Why cant I interact with group posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I interact with group posts?: I cannot interact with group posts in any way. When I try to create a post, I get a message sayinh there was a problem. When I click the "I'm Interested" button, I get a notification saying it was...
  7. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  8. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  9. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  10. Why cant I unblock my friend Xbox just won't allow me any way to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I unblock my friend Xbox just won't allow me any way to fix?: It won't let me unblock my friend is there a fix to this anyone? edb7ce27-4a83-44bd-9829-2d32ad8e1e9d