Why can't I find the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 for sale anywhere?

Discus and support Why can't I find the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 for sale anywhere? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is this product discontinued or something? I can't find anywhere online where this is being sold, but also can't find anywhere that says that it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ian Winters, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Ian Winters
    Ian Winters Guest

Why can't I find the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 for sale anywhere?

Is this product discontinued or something? I can't find anywhere online where this is being sold, but also can't find anywhere that says that it is officially discontinued. Someone else had a thread on this back in 2020 but it got locked immediately with no answers. If this is discontinued, is there an alternative available anywhere? Thanks in advance!

:)

Ian Winters, Jan 18, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Ian! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Are you talking about the 360 one?
  3. Bayroxis Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Thanks for your answer, would like it to wireless but I can handle it :)

Does all xbox one controller have an usb C port to be connected or some are wireless only ? (Sorry about all these questions but never had an xbox one controller between my hand)

And I found 2 link on microsoft website about wireless connexion here they are, but in french (i'm on phone can't find them in English) but here's the translation of interesting parts :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-BE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-compatibility

"The wireless adaptator for windows 10 has been made to be used on windows 10 only. The old wireless adaptator xbox for windows works on device running windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7. "

That's where I heard about the "old adaptator"

And I just found this link :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

This is line 1, 2 and 3 of the table :

"Fonctionality : usb wired connexion : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows 10 : works on windows 10, doesn't work on windows 7."

So seems like there is 2 wireless adaptator and one of them seems to work on windows 7 but they don't precise if it's for xbow one or 360...sigh now you understand why i'm so lost, 3 versions of the controller, 2 different adaptator, many software update...I
    know the best is to switch to W10 but I never had a single problem on w7 and would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks again !
  4. mcg67 Win User

Can't find any drivers on my PC for Xbox One Wireless Adapter

Hi XBF Brad A,

Thanks for the link, but I'm slightly confused. In the troubleshoot guild, I'm advised to look for the "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows" in the "Network adapters" section of Device Manager.

However when I do this I can't find nothing titled "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows".

Should this be in "Network adapters" and is the reason why my Xbox Wireless Adapter working. If so how do I re-install this driver/
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

XBox Controllers on Windows 7

Hi MikeLucasIsCool! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10? Find out how to set it up on any Windows 10/11 device. If you have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, we can also show you how to set it up on any Windows 10/11, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 tablet, laptop, or desktop PC.

Here’s a compatibility chart for the adapter you may have:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Windows 10/11 only

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. nexusmonkey Win User

Xbox wireless usb adapter for Win 10, no driver

I just purchased an xbox controller + wireless adapter for Windows 10 and the wireless adapter is not installing the correct drivers. Microsoft Windows Version 1902 (OS Build 18362.329)
Thema:

1. Why can't I find the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 for sale anywhere? - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  4. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  5. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  6. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  7. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  8. Why can't I find the cloubpunk dlc anywhere on the xbox game store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find the cloubpunk dlc anywhere on the xbox game store?: Can't find the dlc anywhere on the xbox store? Why is that? 3c8e93e9-5edd-4131-8d49-18ee7c48cd41
  9. Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?: So I've been playing AC Odyssey on my XBOX One. And at the end of each time I play, I do a manual save game in the menu. However, when I next get on to play, all of that progress is lost and I can...
  10. Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games?: Some of my Xbox games do not have a file location where I can see the application installed on my computer. They still run when I click the shortcut, but finding the actual application in my file...