Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games?

Discus and support Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Some of my Xbox games do not have a file location where I can see the application installed on my computer. They still run when I click the shortcut,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xMeddlinMegsX, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games?

Some of my Xbox games do not have a file location where I can see the application installed on my computer. They still run when I click the shortcut, but finding the actual application in my file explorer is impossible. They also appear differently in the Xbox app, and I am unable to change which drive they are on or repair them if something happens. My games are all on an external D: drive. Sea of Thieves is the game I am trying to find the location of. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sea of Thieves, but nothing changed.

:)

xMeddlinMegsX, Jun 3, 2023
  2. xMeddlinMegsX Win User

I am able to find the file location for other games like Deep Rock Galactic and Subnautica, it is just Sea of Thieves I cannot find. In addition to this, when I open the file tab under "manage" in the Xbox app, it does not give me the option to verify and repair files if the game were to have any issues. Again, this is something that is easily accessible with my other Xbox games which are also on my D: drive.

I am not trying to mod anything. I know Xbox games cannot be modified. This is an issue with being able to clip with my software because it can no longer find the game. This was not an issue on my C: drive, but I do not have enough space to keep the game there.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

I thought they were moving away from encrypted folders to Xbox games folders, this is the reason I only buy the Microsoft games I want via steam, I get to choose where I put them and in what folder and easier to backup if needed.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

when does store games are encrypted, and inaccessible to the end-user.

If you're trying to install mods, they cannot be modified
  5. HeisenbergK3 Win User

Game pass for PC save location

I can't find the save files either, I want to migrate my saves from my Epic "Metro Exodus" purchase to my microsoft file. But like you guys I can't locate any files for the game. The resolution in the game for metro on the Xbox (beta) app is also weird and
    broken.

Microsoft, please help out on these issues.
  6. SolaCh Win User

i can't use ps4 joy to play minecraft(window ver)

where i can find locate minecraft in my pc

i use xbox app to open minecraft luncher

add game on steam want know file locate and what file ?
Thema:

1. Why can't I find the file location for some of my Xbox games? - Similar Threads - Why can't find

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  9. Why can't I find the cloubpunk dlc anywhere on the xbox game store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find the cloubpunk dlc anywhere on the xbox game store?: Can't find the dlc anywhere on the xbox store? Why is that? 3c8e93e9-5edd-4131-8d49-18ee7c48cd41
  10. Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?: So I've been playing AC Odyssey on my XBOX One. And at the end of each time I play, I do a manual save game in the menu. However, when I next get on to play, all of that progress is lost and I can...