Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

Discus and support Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot enable VRR on the Series X after buying a LG tv (model no. 75UQ7070ZUD). I specifically looked for a TV that advertised 120hz/fps, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Preston, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

I cannot enable VRR on the Series X after buying a LG tv (model no. 75UQ7070ZUD). I specifically looked for a TV that advertised 120hz/fps, but the variable refresh rate setting on the Xbox series X is grayed out and not selectable. Is there a way to fix this or was the tv falsely advertised?? Thank you.

:)

Matthew Preston, Jan 25, 2023
  2. AaronEighmey Win User

Xbox Series X Frame Rate Issue

When I set it to 120Hz by overriding it, the VRR option gets grayed out. When I set it back down to 60 Hz, i can enable VRR again. On 60Hz with or without VRR enabled, there is no stuttering. I also have tried all of these iterations with free sync enabled and disabled on my monitor.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox currently does not support monitors in the range of 61-119Hz. Will the Series S/X support this? Can The One X be Software Updated?

you cant change refresh rate when vrr is enabled as the console is using variable refresh rate, if you get me, so you set at 60, you enable vrr then it ignores the 60 as you cannot change that or access that setting when vrr is enabled.
  4. skylaar Win User

Monitor with 120hz and VRR

Does your monitor support both VRR and 120Hz on Xbox? I have read that only specfic monitors out there support both enabled. For awhile the VRR was only supported at 60Hz but there are some monitors now that will allow you to enable both VRR and 120Hz.
  5. Kharmeister Win User

My Xbox game clips are lagging

But does this work with VRR enabled? I guess I will give it a try.
  6. beastykato Win User

Xbox currently does not support monitors in the range of 61-119Hz. Will the Series S/X support this? Can The One X be Software Updated?

I understand you're saying the VRR operates in a range. My monitor still displays it's refresh rate on it's menu independently of the Xbox. If it's receiving a 40hz or a 70 hz or a 90Hz it tells me.

If I'm on my PC and enable VRR my monitor display shows 1440p/75.

On the Xbox with VRR enabled it dispalys 1440p/60. This tells me the range is being limited from 48-60. It is not outputting a higher refresh of 75Hz in VRR. If it did my monitors signal would change.

EDIT: I found a reddit thread saying the same thing as well for the monitor: VG245. It has a 40-75Hz range, but confirmed only 40-60Hz works on Xbox.
Thema:

Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

1. Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X? - Similar Threads - Why can't enable

2. Why can't I stream MSFS 2020 (Cloud Gaming) on Twitch from my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I stream MSFS 2020 (Cloud Gaming) on Twitch from my Xbox One?: When I try to begin streaming MSFS, it says "this game does not support streaming." Is there any way around this or will it be fixed in the future? Thanks 61bec7c1-971a-4891-84cf-601af927e56f
  3. Why can't I play Minecraft multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft multiplayer?: I have been wanting to join my friend's realm on Minecraft from my Xbox Series S, but whenever I open it up I get a message saying something along the lines of "You can not play Minecraft...
  4. Why can't i change classic gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't i change classic gamer tag?: Helo there! I cant change my classic gamer tag. I tried to change It lik 14 time but every time I get messege that says that I can't do it right now and that I have to try it another time. Can...
  5. Why can't I download Minecraft on my Huawei p40 Lite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download Minecraft on my Huawei p40 Lite?: On my Huawei p40 Lite whenever I press on Minecraft download it sends me to a new app and doesn't show anything about Minecraft. I have Goggled everything to try and fix it, but it won't work....
  6. Why can't I ever join or create a looking for group post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I ever join or create a looking for group post: I have done factory resets and it doesn't work even when I have Xbox gold or live. Whenever I try to join it says "unable to send request" and when I try to create one it always says "there was a...
  7. Why does this say I can't look at it but my account is banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does this say I can't look at it but my account is banned?: Why is my account banned when it can't even show me why? [img] b55992f7-9bad-46f0-bd1e-2fa62d5c90a6
  8. Why can't I unmute any of my friends on MW2 or see anyone online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I unmute any of my friends on MW2 or see anyone online?: My issue is that when I load up MW2 non of the friends show up online so I can't see who's online. Also I can't unmute anyone because of this reason its like it's stuck on mute. I'm curious to...
  9. Why can't I enable modding on the new xbox app for pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I enable modding on the new xbox app for pc?: Modding a game was easy before, now I can't even find the option to mod the game myself. What happened? Why can't I mod all these games anymore? 3c659b74-5a6f-44ba-9f4c-dabd294058d0
  10. Why can't I enable cloud storage on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I enable cloud storage on my Xbox 360?: So I managed to get Xbox Live Gold, but every time I try to enable cloud storage on the 360 it says it's unavailable. I've tried looking up how to get this to work, but I keep seeing the same...