Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

Discus and support Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot enable VRR on the Series X after buying a LG tv (model no. 75UQ7070ZUD). I specifically looked for a TV that advertised 120hz/fps, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Preston, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

I cannot enable VRR on the Series X after buying a LG tv (model no. 75UQ7070ZUD). I specifically looked for a TV that advertised 120hz/fps, but the variable refresh rate setting on the Xbox series X is grayed out and not selectable. Is there a way to fix this or was the tv falsely advertised?? Thank you.

:)

Matthew Preston, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Kuxioa Win User

Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

My monitor is a ASUS VG279Q. I use the HDMI cable that came with the Series X but on my old xbox I used my monitor HDMI cable and had no problems with VRR. I dont have options to enable any of the features you have listed above and my Xbox is up to date.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xsx a90j won’t recognize 4K 120

Have you tried turning off VRR on the Series X?
  4. Ignroavo Win User

Xbox One X VRR Issue

I had the same issue using a Denon hdmi 2.1 AVR. I solved it using VRR with 120hz, but I have a hdmi 2.1 tv and a Series X, not One X. I guess you are stuck with 4k without vrr or full hd 120 and vrr. Another solution is to connect the Xbox directly to the tv and use arc/earc for audio, but One X does not support 4k 120hz, so you are stuck with full hd 120 if you use vrr.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

it will work fine including vrr, you don't need hdmi 2.0/2.1 for 1080p 120hz vrr.

that monitor is also tested to work with series x and ps5.
  6. AaronEighmey Win User

Xbox Series X Frame Rate Issue

When I set it to 120Hz by overriding it, the VRR option gets grayed out. When I set it back down to 60 Hz, i can enable VRR again. On 60Hz with or without VRR enabled, there is no stuttering. I also have tried all of these iterations with free sync enabled and disabled on my monitor.
Thema:

Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X?

1. Why can't I enable VRR on my Series X? - Similar Threads - Why can't enable

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  8. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  9. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  10. I can't enable multiplayer in minecraf tbut i dont know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable multiplayer in minecraf tbut i dont know why: Ive configured my account so i can play on multiplayer but when i enable this it doesnt seem to work,ive logged out of my launcher and logged back in but i still get the same message....