Why can't I edit my online safety settings even though I think I'm not in a family group?

Discus and support Why can't I edit my online safety settings even though I think I'm not in a family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to get to online safety settings, I get sent to a page where I was told I couldn't access it and it was likely I was a member in a family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WaterOfficial, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Why can't I edit my online safety settings even though I think I'm not in a family group?

When I try to get to online safety settings, I get sent to a page where I was told I couldn't access it and it was likely I was a member in a family group, yet, I don't think I'm in one and even if I am, I'm the only one in the family group.

There was a post that was almost the same as me but they were an organizer. I had read it but there weren't any replies I found.

:)

WaterOfficial, Jan 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why can't I edit my online safety settings even though I think I'm not in a family group?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This may mean that the system detects that you’re a child account. If you’re still a minor, please ask an adult to add you as a member by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family.

Once you’ve been added as a member they will then sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings to manage your online safety settings.
  3. Seagull2204 Win User

Cant Access User Generated Content in Forza Horizon 5

4. HuntingComb8781 Win User

I cannot change my privacy settings for Xbox even though I am the family organizer!

5. RichieB_ Win User

Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

We understand that you are having trouble changing your privacy settings on your account because it says that it is a child account in a family group, even though you are not in a family group. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

To resolve this issue, you will need to remove yourself from the family group. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on the "Family" tab.

3. If you see a message that says "You're not in a family yet," then you can skip to step 6.

4. If you see a family group listed, click on it.

5. Click on "Remove from family" at the bottom of the page.

6. Once you have confirmed that you want to leave the family group, you should be able to change your privacy settings without any issues.

NOTE: An organizer in an Xbox family group can manage settings for members who are in the family group. Kids can only see (and not manage) their own settings.

Learn more:
    Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Rostom L Win User

How do I change my microsoft account if its under 13.

Hi Malcolm! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please be advised that even if you had an option to change your date of birth on your account, the system will always recognize the date of birth you entered when you first created your account. It is because of our account safety and security. Since you're still underage, it really requires a family group where only your parent/adult or organizer of the family group can change or edit your privacy settings.

Learn more here:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. Why can't I edit my online safety settings even though I think I'm not in a family group? - Similar Threads - Why can't edit

2. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  3. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  4. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  5. Why can't I save my edited Avatar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I save my edited Avatar?: I have googled and tried every suggestion that I have read. Nothing seems to work. I always get the "something went wrong" error message. Has anybody figured this out? I have uninstalled and...
  6. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  7. Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?: So I purchased the Vault edition of MW3 a few days ago through the Game, not the Microsoft store. I downloaded all the files including the MW3 Campaign, the 2 vaults, and the 3 skins. The charge...
  8. Why i can't see my own skin in minecraft java edition PC, i can see other people skin but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't see my own skin in minecraft java edition PC, i can see other people skin but...: i don't really know what to do since a lot of tutorials i saw is for minecraft mobile 96f51927-f87e-4985-936c-1e01dcf8ae20
  9. Why can't I get Minecraft Java edition even though I have the windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I get Minecraft Java edition even though I have the windows 10 edition?: I bought Minecraft for Windows on my pc but whenever I try to play java edition the launcher says to buy it. can someone please help me? 39fb714b-6ee4-4433-83e7-f18876585c4c
  10. Why can't I get vault edition mw2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I get vault edition mw2: I preorded mw2 vault edition awhile back and nothing showed up, so I figured that was odd and just bought mw2 again. It says I have everything for vault edition downloaded but when I load it up I...