Why can’t I customize a gamer pic for my child’s account?

Discus and support Why can’t I customize a gamer pic for my child’s account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve searched for answers to my question and all I see is that they have to be 18 to do so. I can modify everything else and give consent in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by XxLollipopxX13, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Why can’t I customize a gamer pic for my child’s account?

I’ve searched for answers to my question and all I see is that they have to be 18 to do so. I can modify everything else and give consent in the account except the picture…to me that doesn’t make any sense at all.

Is there a concrete reason? It has to be approved before being posted as it is for adult accounts. All he wants is a Darth Vader picture like his dad.

:)

XxLollipopxX13, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

They've never really given a reason as to why there is an age restriction for that feature.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Child account

Hi I doubt they will ever allow custom pictures for child accounts. It is a safety thing, ensures your child can't put a photo of themselves up (which could attract grooming) or using images that are unsuitable (drugs related, gun related, no copyrights)

These are just a few examples as to why custom gamer pics are locked for child accounts
  4. Beans_578 Win User

Can't see anyone's custom gamerpic

I’m having the same issue at the moment, I logged onto my Xbox the other day and my custom gamer pic has been removed and all my friends have default gamer pics, my friends can still see my custom gamer pic but I can’t see anyones

Edit: I restarted my console and I can see my custom gamer pic but no one elses
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox Gamer Picture

I understand now I just looked it up, I didn't know they changed it so a child account Can Not upload a custom pic. Thanks for the heads up Njal the Blue.
    A child account has never been able to upload a custom gamer picture
  6. bubbabehandy Win User

How to allow a custom profile pic for my child?

Currently there is no way to allow child accounts to upload a custom pic.
    Does that mean there is also no way for a parent to upload a custom pic to be used for the child account?
Thema:

1. Why can’t I customize a gamer pic for my child’s account? - Similar Threads - Why can’t customize

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  5. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  6. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  7. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  8. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  9. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?: I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some reason console cannot. I have tried to find a...
  10. Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...: What can I put a photo on the Xbox keyboard off the edge and why can I switch the start up screen on the Xbox series X start up screen to the Xbox one X type screen be pretty cool just some ideas...