Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...

Discus and support Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why can't I connect to the internet through my Xbox 360 even though I'm connected to the network with the Ethernet plug... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HelpmepleaseWN, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...

Why can't I connect to the internet through my Xbox 360 even though I'm connected to the network with the Ethernet plug

:)

HelpmepleaseWN, Nov 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected and my ethernet cord is plugged in

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this HELPMEPLEASEWN

Please tell me, what happens exactly when you try to use internet?
    Are you seeing an error code? If yes, which one?

Also, are you able to test with a Wi-Fi network to see if the same happens?

In the meantime, did you tried everything from these articles?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
    https://support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/...
  3. TheJoeker79 Win User

XboxOne Console issues

I can't use my phone for a hot spot unfortunately. I don't understand why I would have a network issue though. My 360 had no connection issues with the same network
  4. Am Mixer Win User

Cannot connect to internet via WiFi to reach XBOX Live

Hello Taidara,

yes, I am referring to the XBOX power supply. It started shutting the system down periodically; currently working though. I can connect properly using a wired connection. But it is NOT asking me to connect a Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter. Just "Can't
    connect to the internet". It seems to be able to connect within our network (to the router) ... that first string when it tries to make a connection. My computer uses the same WiFi connection and works fine. Speedtest was fine....
  5. Brblank44 Win User

Internet connection is slow at home only from XBOX 360

It could be the amount of devices on the network. Even though no one is using these devices, it still uses data on the network. Try to turn off the everything that uses a wireless connection and a wired connection try the test again. It should be faster.
    My internet is really slow if my iphone is connected to the internet. Even though I'm not using it.
  6. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
Thema:

Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...

1. Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected... - Similar Threads - Why can't connect

2. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  3. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  4. Why can't I connect my console to the app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect my console to the app?: How do I connect my console to the app? I've attempted to many times and it never worked. Help please. d5d7c9ce-6d5b-4733-9b10-75fea9295432
  5. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  6. Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2: Whenever I click download new profile to add mine it keeps saying check network connection but my connection is running just fine and it won't let me add my profile can anyone help?...
  7. Why can't I connect to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect to internet: Why can't connect to the internet 0e31da7c-e3a4-4d16-ade4-afa2841424c0
  8. Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app: Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app 0170db66-f61f-4540-bd20-e0404a7ecba8
  9. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...
  10. Why can't my xbox connect to online servers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my xbox connect to online servers?: So my xbox says I'm connected to wifi but when I try to play anything it says I'm offline. I've done every test, the network test says I'm 'all good' and the NAT type test says I'm on strict?...