Why can’t I connect to multiplayer on Xbox 360 games on my series x.

Discus and support Why can’t I connect to multiplayer on Xbox 360 games on my series x. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why can’t I connect to multiplayer when I try to play 360 games from my series x but when I play xbox 360 multiplayer games on my xbox one s it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by El Alexis8307, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Why can’t I connect to multiplayer on Xbox 360 games on my series x.

Why can’t I connect to multiplayer when I try to play 360 games from my series x but when I play xbox 360 multiplayer games on my xbox one s it connects me with no issues at all,I will like to know why this happens.

:)

El Alexis8307, Nov 3, 2022
  2. El Alexis8307 Win User

Thanks a lot Kathy A. This fixed my problem.
  3. El Alexis8307 Win User

I have issues with black ops 1, skate 3, modern warfare 3, and it doesn’t show a code when I test NAT type it says” it looks like your NAT type is open right now” I also don’t really know when this started happening. I can not play online with friends is what I’m trying to let you know I can only play offline. For example when I want to play zombies it won’t connect me but I can play solo. For skate 3 it won’t connect me to Ea nation.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi El Alexis8307,

You're most welcome.

We're glad that we were able to help you resolve your concern.

Should you have concerns in the future, you are welcome to post back - Create a new question or start a discussion.

We value your feedback, please double-click Yes or No to help us improve our support experience.

Voting responses will also benefit more Community members who read here.

Regards,

5. El Alexis8307 Win User

Ive been online but I put go offline and then go online but that didn’t seem to work. Ima try to explain to you as best as possible. Ok so, I can play current gen and next gen games online but when I try to play Xbox 360 games online it won’t connect me.for example if I want to play an Xbox 360 game with my friends online it won’t connect me it will just say connecting for a while then it will say couldn’t connect. So then we will have to play another game that is not an Xbox 360 game.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi El Alexis8307,

Thanks for the update.

It is really strange why you cannot connect to Xbox 360 games and you can play with current gen and next gen games. I recall a thread that might be helpful for your concern. Thread: Can’t sign into Xbox live for backwards compatible 360 games on - Microsoft Community

The resolution they have is setting MTU in higher number and that fixed their issue with Xbox 360 games compatible.

In case, if you are wondering for the steps on how to do the MTU troubleshooting we suggested above. Please check this support article here and try the suggestions available on the page: Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

Regards,

Thema:

1. Why can’t I connect to multiplayer on Xbox 360 games on my series x. - Similar Threads - Why can’t connect

2. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?: I just downloaded Black Ops 1 and whenever I go to the main menu, it automatically signs me out and when I go to sign back in, it says that I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I checked my consoles...
  5. Why can’t i connect to Xbox party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t i connect to Xbox party?: Everytime i join a party it says “connecting” then after around 30 seconds it disconnects and i don’t know how to fix it. ed32be15-5f1c-4f4c-87f2-b283d00c43ff
  6. Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?: Good day everyone, every time I try to run a BC game on my Xbox one and try to connect to live it tells me that there’s troubleshooting, I’ve tried every solution, power cycling, manual ip...
  7. Why can’t I connect to multiplayer servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to multiplayer servers?: I can’t connect to any multiplayer servers on Minecraft, I have re-booted the router, checked my Wi-Fi connection. Re-logged into Minecraft and disabled firewall. I honestly don’t know what I have...
  8. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to my wifi anymore ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to my wifi anymore ?: I cant connect my Xbox to wifi when I have done before with no problems. It says “cant connect to your wireless network” and hardware problem. e11bcd27-6c26-45c1-8737-390e2011e89c
  9. Why can’t I connect to the Wi-Fi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to the Wi-Fi.: ive done it before and other devices work but my Xbox one s doesn’t. 5ef814e9-c0f8-4e08-9f55-5afda96d1b41
  10. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?: It keeps saying your connection to Xbox live has been lost please sign again but when I do it’s perfectly fine. This is on Xbox 360 I just wanted to play some BO2 online for nostalgia, please...