Why can't I change my privacy and network security settings

Discus and support Why can't I change my privacy and network security settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; It says that I am using a childs account in a microsoft family while I am not in a microsoft family. That's why I can not change my privacy settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Topi Hintikka, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Why can't I change my privacy and network security settings

It says that I am using a childs account in a microsoft family while I am not in a microsoft family. That's why I can not change my privacy settings. Also it instructs me into like 5 different directions of how to fix the problem but then those 5 directions give me each another 5 directions and I've gone through literally everything and nothing works.

:)

Topi Hintikka, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Hi Topi my name is Belle. I'd love to help!

Sorry to hear about that, however, it's possible that you're under a child or teen account which is why you needed to be in a family group. Please know that at Microsoft, they are very thorough when it comes to a child/teen account to ensure that the community is fun and safe for everyone.

Child/Teen accounts are classified as:

-Young child: Anyone under the age of 8

-Child: Ages 8 through 12

-Teen: Ages 13 through 17 (or 19 in South Korea)

In this case, you need to ask either of your parents or guardian to create a family group for you by signing in at https://account.microsoft.com/ using their own account (or create a Microsoft account if they don't have any) and add you as a "Member" so your parent or guardian can configure your privacy settings when they sign in here: https://account.xbox.com/settings

For your reference, you can check it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  3. Artem Kukharchuk Win User

Family group glitch

I was redirected to "why can't i change my privacy settings?" Page instead of settings.
  4. EarMoan Win User

Halo Infinite won't let me play multiplayer. " Multiplayer access required"

Oh, no it doesn't.

It comes up with. Why can't I change my privacy settings?

Not sure why.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Why can't I change my privacy settings?

Hi Xavier P._925,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and hope you are doing well today.

We understand that you are trying to inform yourself about the privilege of the Minecraft subscriber.

Herea are some articles that may help you get some ideas on your concerns.

For issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this link and follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    2. Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    3. You can also change other settings before clicking the Save button.
    4. Play Minecraft again.
    Note For the Child accounts, only the Parent accounts can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Why can't I change my privacy settings?

Hello Xavier P._925

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Why can't I change my privacy and network security settings - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Why can't change region and date birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't change region and date birth: I set my birth date to 2016 by false and now can't change anything like region and date birth Anyone help please 71b7d44a-c6e9-4e55-9748-7752190a359c
  5. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...
  6. Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?: I want to change my privacy settings, but it tells me I can't because it's a child account in a family group. I'm not in a family, and I never have been. Because I'm not in a family, I can't...
  7. Why can't I change my xbox pfp to certain images

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my xbox pfp to certain images: I've been trying to change my profile pic on the xbox app, but it won't change if j used a download image, it will only work on pictures taken on my phone. How do I fix this??...
  8. Why can't I change my family online saftey settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my family online saftey settings: I have a problem with changing my online and saftey settings, when I do try to change it gives me an error that the page is not found. I have tried methods with Microsoft family settings like...
  9. I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why: I've tried several times with different pictures none of them being Inappropriate. My friends can change their pfps but u can't and it's frustrating fba343dc-2785-471a-ba75-bde407a1c961
  10. Why can't I change my email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my email?: My account was hacked a few months ago and despite me gaining access to it has been stuck with the hackers email since, every time I go to change it I get the "You can't do that again just yet"...