Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S?

Discus and support Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I got 2 gift cards to use on my One S digitally and seeing as how I'm a Sonic fan, I wanted to use them on Sonic Generations, Unleashed, Adventure... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BulkGoat1246297, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S?

So I got 2 gift cards to use on my One S digitally and seeing as how I'm a Sonic fan, I wanted to use them on Sonic Generations, Unleashed, Adventure 1, and 2. I input the codes and I try to download Sonic Generations first. I tap on confirm and it gives
    me a screen that says "Your account is unable to make this type of purchase on Xbox.com." Then it says "Please complete this transaction from your Xbox." Whatever that means but I was already on the Xbox attempting to make the purchase. I tried going on the
    website itself but it didn't help me. I have no idea what it wants from me and I don't know how to buy 360 games on my One S for some reason. Can anyone here help me?

:)

BulkGoat1246297, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Monk_303 Win User

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Why can't i get it then? It says, "Buy on Xbox.com or Xbox 360. You can't buy this on Xbox One." Im worried i am going to buy it and it wont work on my xbox one
  3. robnyack Win User

Xbox one

[quote user="Marwood II 87"]

Why would anyone buy a game on 360 that is on paper less graphically superior to then buy it again and then pay $10/£10 more for the same game :S

[/quote]

I was absolutely NOT going to buy a game on the 360 that would be coming out on the One. But, with this $10 upgrade......I might consider it....if it's a game I really am stoked for and can't wait for the One.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello BulkGoat,

As stated in the Xbox 360 marketplace troubleshooting article, "You can't use the money in your Microsoft account to purchase content from the Xbox 360 Marketplace. To
    resolve this issue, purchase the item on your Xbox 360 console, where you can use your Microsoft account balance to make purchases."
    As this question has been answered, we will be locking this
    thread. If you ever have another question or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
  5. Reactor Leak SF Win User

You'll need a credit card or Paypal in order to purchase 360 content from a One. In order to use funds from your account, you would have to use a 360 console. The One has never been updated to see the Microsoft account balance as a valid payment
    option for 360 content.
    Ive noticed that as well, has there ever been a mention that it was ever in the works? Could this particular little issue continue through Series X?
  6. AwesomeAv0028 Win User

Definitely check if the game is backwards compatible, here is a complete library of backwards compatible games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

If it is, you can also purchase games from the Xbox 360 marketplace, and these purchased games will come up in the "ready to install" section on the Xbox One S console under games. Here is the link to the marketplace:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Why can't I buy 360 games on my Xbox One S? - Similar Threads - Why can't buy

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?: If i have redeemed on the past a 30 days by 1 € now i can't get this new offer or what? 07feba49-a860-4e7e-8a2d-b030ebff4ab0
  4. Why I can't buy a minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can't buy a minecraft?: I just tried to buy a minecraft 67bee369-7aff-410e-990b-128c8a9b3ae4
  5. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  6. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...
  7. Why can't I buy cold cold heart in the xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I buy cold cold heart in the xbox store: I've been looking for a way to get batman arkham origins cold cold heart dlc it's the only one I want but I can't find a way to buy it Please help 301e9550-46f2-4291-9e76-8ed5226005fd
  8. Why can't I buy this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I buy this?: I am trying to buy max payne 3, which costs $19.99, I have an account balance of $20.09, but when I try to use the gift card, it says "not available for this purchase", even though I have enough...
  9. Why can't i buy Minecraft in Lebanon ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i buy Minecraft in Lebanon ?: i wanted to buy minecraft on my pc today, but when i launched minecraft.net it told me that it wasn't available in my country . I also tried buying it via the Xbox app but nothing is available and...
  10. Why would I want to buy anything from those guys? They can't if their online games up and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I want to buy anything from those guys? They can't if their online games up and...: M/S Solitaire collection has been down more than up as of late. 705c8962-fc10-4c62-a70c-113864cb5539