Why can't I block anyone anymore?

Discus and support Why can't I block anyone anymore? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had this issue for two years now ever since I left that Xbox Preview/Insider program. Normally, when you block someone, they cannot communicate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHRISPOCALYP5E, May 30, 2020.

1. Why can't I block anyone anymore?

I've had this issue for two years now ever since I left that Xbox Preview/Insider program.

Normally, when you block someone, they cannot communicate with you, you see them as 'OFFLINE' and cannot stalk them in games etc. and they're removed from both your friends and followers lists.

There are these two accounts who've followed me and I cannot block them. We still show as 'FRIENDS' on either side, can see what we are doing and communicate despite being on my blocked list.

Funny enough a random GTA V person added me and spams me invites on an hourly basis and someone I was teamed with in Halo constantly messages me in a foreign language. I blocked them and a long-time inactive friend and they were 'REMOVED' from 'BOTH' my
    'FRIENDS' and 'FOLLOWERS' lists and they can no longer communicate or see what I'm doing.

I've already made a support ticket that literally lasted a year and they just closed it saying the issue was resolved. I've posted here for years and not getting any responses at all which is totally unfair.

I'm paying for a service and I expect my profile to function properly.

Can I get my profile's friends and followers lists purged? Obviously the Xbox Preview/Insider program has corrupted something with my profile and its extremely annoying.

:)

CHRISPOCALYP5E, May 30, 2020
  2. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

Hey, this sounds like a confusing and frustrating situation. Unfortunately this isn't a MS Support forum as such - we're all just players like you. But maybe we can help.

How do you know the two accounts you have tried to block can still see you and see what you're doing?
  3. CHRISPOCALYP5E Win User

Because they've joined my games and messaged me.

How to see if the glitch has happened (it shows obvious 'symptoms'). Pick a friend, any friend (make sure they're on BOTH your friends and followers lists) and block them. They will be removed from both those lists AND if you're on their friends and followers
    lists you'll be removed off of their lists too.

If this doesn't work and they're on your blocked, friends and followers lists all at the same time, your gamertag data has been officially corrupted (as suggested by support from a year or two ago when I used the chat support and opened a ticket that still
    hasn't resolved to this day- they closed it).

Have an alternate account message them and ask if they can see what you're doing, join your game and send you a message. Obviously because there is already visual proof of the data corruption, they will be able to do all three despite you blocking them.

There have been rumors circulating about spam or bot accounts that have the deliberate ability to do this. If hacking is at play here (which I doubt) that is even more worse.
  4. CHRISPOCALYP5E Win User

Hello?? Support??? Where are you......
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Need help removing a Follower.

Just block that person. If you don't send messages to the blocked person he can't follow you anymore.
  6. EG Sgt Craven Win User

Accidentally blocked communications with friend.

What if you can't find that person anymore because you blocked communications with them?
Thema:

1. Why can't I block anyone anymore? - Similar Threads - Why can't block

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I stream on my Xbox anymore?: When I try to stream through Xbox and I hit the Live Streaming button, it comes up with a pop-up that says under Live streaming providers, "Sorry, something went wrong. Try this again in a while"...
  9. Why can't I unblock people I didn't willingly block in the first place?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I unblock people I didn't willingly block in the first place?: So I woke up today and found out four people on my friends list got blocked but not by me or the only other person who has access to my account. (Younger brother, he doesn't lie or play pranks.) I...
  10. Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message they're still blocked it's really...: Why can't I unblock anyone,even if I send them a message 0323c51a-d86d-4183-b2ce-ac3a9d4ce3ef