Why can't certain games be played remotely?

Discus and support Why can't certain games be played remotely? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Various games with a login screen that says "press A to continue" such as Neverwinter and Minecraft will not progress beyond that screen no matter how... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rudy George, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Rudy George
    Rudy George Guest

Various games with a login screen that says "press A to continue" such as Neverwinter and Minecraft will not progress beyond that screen no matter how many times you press the corresponding A button.

I went through the accessibility features and tested that the device I am using is actually sending the proper inputs to the Xbox. It shows that all buttons are mapped correctly and that it is receiving the inputs yet I still cannot progress past the initial login screen.

:)

Rudy George, Jan 6, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

You dont

It's only on cloud play not .remote play and only certain games
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

4. Thundercleetz Win User

After update Xbox One/Kinect Will not Turn of Soundbar

I'm really thinking this is a remote code issue where the update caused a glitch where Kinect will not send a power toggle IR signal to certain Samsung remote codes. That's why some TVs are affected as well.
  5. Nixelplex Win User

Games not transferring?

The xbox app on the tablet would be used for just a remote feature or for streaming. There are certain digital games that are play anywhere, but they only work on PC as long as the min specs are met. You wouldn't be able to play xbox games on a tablet.
  6. XBF Aicha T Win User

Can't play certain games anymore

Hello @SheriLentzI hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, please select System > Settings > account > remove accounts and then select your account and select Remove to confirm.

Then, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2 to 3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If the issue persists, please try to check you games in the order games history in this following website : Microsoft account | Home

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Why can't certain games be played remotely? - Similar Threads - Why can't certain

2. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  3. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  6. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  7. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  8. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  9. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  10. Why can't I change my xbox pfp to certain images

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my xbox pfp to certain images: I've been trying to change my profile pic on the xbox app, but it won't change if j used a download image, it will only work on pictures taken on my phone. How do I fix this??...