why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to...

Discus and support why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to me, spent 80 dollars on a hard drive just to find out my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zharkov78, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Zharkov78
    Zharkov78 Guest

why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to...

why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to me, spent 80 dollars on a hard drive just to find out my games don’t run off of it, great feature guys

:)

Zharkov78, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Capabilities of the Xbox Seagate expansion drive

Yes you can. The expansion card is for Series S/X optimized games. So you should be able to run any game from them as opposed to regular external hard drives which cannot run Series S/X optimized games.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Unable to play games from an external hard drive?

It's only on the Series S/X that they can't be played on a regular hard drive. The hard drive is too slow to run the games properly. The One is fully capable of running all games from the internal or any external hard drive. The One wouldn't have been playing optimized games at the full S/X optimization due to hardware limitations.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

If he has a Series S/X and is trying to play a Series S/X optimized game, it will only run on the internal drive or on an expansion card made for the Series S/X. It won't run on a regular external hard drive or SSD.
  5. Smwutches Win User

External portable hard drive problems?

Any games that are Series S/X optimized can only run on the internal hard drive or the Seagate Expansion card. The external hard drive you are using can only store them.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Seagate 4t game drive for Xbox s

If it's a Series S that you're using, any Series S/X optimized games can only be played from the internal drive or an expansion card made for the console. Regular hard drives will not run those games. They can only store them.
Thema:

1. why can’t any of the X/S series optimized games run off hard drives, it makes zero sense to... - Similar Threads - why can’t series

2. Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?: My fiance bought me an Xbox series X for Christmas this last year and I finally got to setting it up, only for the console to not allow me to sign in to my account. I click the sign in button,...
  3. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...
  4. Why can’t I use my Logitech G733 with my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I use my Logitech G733 with my Xbox series s: I bought a brand new headset n I can’t get any sound out of it 73dd3078-5b36-40a6-ac0e-1b7878ce6e03
  5. Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I launch games on Xbox Series X: I’d like help with an issue I’m having, I bought a new Xbox series X yesterday and I got MK1 today, when I tried launching MK1 the game just closes. After trying a few things nothing worked and...
  6. Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?: Got my new series s today and when I sign in to my microsoft account it makes me set up a new profile and I can’t seem to transfer my Xbox one profile over to it what do I do?...
  7. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  8. Why can’t I sign in on my xbox series x ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I sign in on my xbox series x ?: I can’t sign in to my account on the series x. When I press make me account it loads for about 10 seconds and then it takes me back to the home menu. 160c9954-4811-446e-9a4c-0da8f70cc098
  9. Why can’t I split-screen on Black Ops 2 zombies with a series X??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I split-screen on Black Ops 2 zombies with a series X??: I don’t have an active Xbox live membership but I’m pretty sure I can still local split screen right??? It doesn’t let my friend sign in as a guest- it says “Can’t sign in to Xbox live. Please use...
  10. Why can’t I sign into fifa 23 EA server on new Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I sign into fifa 23 EA server on new Xbox series X: I have just bought a new Xbox series X, upgrading from an Xbox one, but now I can’t sign into the ea server on fifa 23. I have tried all the troubleshooting I can find but it still isn’t working....