Why can I speak in the party chat, but not the game chat?

Discus and support Why can I speak in the party chat, but not the game chat? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’ve tried talking and testing my mic in the Xbox petty (just me), and it shows that I am talking and registers my mic. But whenever I go into a game... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MisledVirus4719, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Why can I speak in the party chat, but not the game chat?

I’ve tried talking and testing my mic in the Xbox petty (just me), and it shows that I am talking and registers my mic. But whenever I go into a game (Overwatch, Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed) it won’t work. Yes, my mic is unmuted, the connection is sound, and I don’t have any restrictions on my communications. My mic monitoring is all the way up as well. I have also tried updating my controller, but it says “no update available”

:)

MisledVirus4719, Jan 27, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello MisledVirus4719,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties with party chat. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Was this working before?
    • When did the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

You can't switch to party chat on Xbox

You can't switch to party chat on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Live chat on Xbox 360

Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Live chat on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. x DYLAN 1337 x Win User

Xbox Voice Settings

Hi, it doesn't help. I want the game volume to lower when someone speaks. This works in party chat and not in game chat. Why?
  5. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Game chat inside Party game

Once you switch to game chat, everyone in the party will be muted as you will be able to speak and listen to everyone in the game's lobby. Once you go back from game chat to party chat you will be able to speak with your party again
  6. DivStorm Win User

Skype chat help

This is the same problem I am having. Allow me to explain in detail.

When you enter party chat, game chat turns off and you are in the "party chat channel". This is so you can privately speak with your party and not the whole lobby. We all know this since it was the same on the 360.

When you are not in party chat you are in the "game chat channel" and therefore can speak with and hear other players in the online match lobby. Again we all know this since it was the same on the 360.

However, when you are in a Skype call on the Xbox One, and you go into an online match of any game, not only is yor voice broadcasting to your Skype call, it is broadcasting to the "game chat channel". You are also receiving the game chat audio through your
    headset at the same time. Thus you are speaking with and hearing the entire lobby AND your Skype call at the same time. Therefore Skype is only viable as chat platform if you are in single player, which does not seem like it is working as intended.

I know it is not the Kinect because I have the option to use Kinect for voice chat turned off.

Why is Skype not its own channel that allows private communication?
Thema:

1. Why can I speak in the party chat, but not the game chat? - Similar Threads - Why speak party

2. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  3. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  6. Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it impossible to speak to anyone at Microsoft???: I am trying to get a refund on a game and its impossible to speak to anyone. The refund was denied and I don't understand why! cb1b9a81-885e-48d6-bfbf-85741795aa79
  7. Why is there no way to speak with an actual person to recover an account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is there no way to speak with an actual person to recover an account?: I recently received an email regarding suspicious activity on my account. I tried to login but my account was locked and I was unable. I have filled out countless account recovery forms with what...
  8. Why is it so hard to speak with a real person. Switching to Playstation if not fixed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so hard to speak with a real person. Switching to Playstation if not fixed...: I forgot my password and had it reset. Now I'm blocked for entering the password wrong to many times. What to do since Microsoft employees are cowards and not allowing us to speak with a live...
  9. I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why: I cant hear or speak on game chat any idea why 6caa072e-ab62-44bb-9fa9-a49847433d5f
  10. Why can I hear my self speak and have a buzzing sound in the background

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I hear my self speak and have a buzzing sound in the background: I’ve got a hyperx cloud wireless headset with a usb connection and all of a sudden I can hear a buzzing in both sides of the headset And also I can hear my self speak even with mic monitoring off...