Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

Discus and support Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Last night i was not having this issue but it has seemed to arise an I have tried to fix it multiple times and nothing has worked. I cant use Headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ScottishMan14, May 10, 2023.

1. Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

Last night i was not having this issue but it has seemed to arise an I have tried to fix it multiple times and nothing has worked. I cant use Headset chat mixer because its greyed out so that's not the problem. Resetting the Xbox had no effect on this issue and nothing in the audio settings helped at all, I am hoping to get this issue resolved quite quickly by a person that is probably 100x smarter than me, so please if you can suggest some things that may help. Xbox Series S

:)

ScottishMan14, May 10, 2023
  2. The Oragin Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter - echoing problems?

I have the x12s i get game audio just fine and i can hear chat but chat is very low, also my game audio plays through the audio, so I have game audio then have chat with the echo of game audio, so i have 2 game audio sounds with a faint chat audio. anyone
    know of a way to fix this, or atleast the audio echo of the game. I can turn my game audio all the way down and only have chat audio on but im still hearing game audio over chat, first time I used it for my xbox one all day I played with just chat audio and
    didnt know because I hear both audios through my chat audio.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hi crazyjbird44,

I believe this is due to how the Xbox app audio is designed in that I think it prioritizes audio from the party chat when it's open and not from your applications in the background because your party audio device (your wireless headset and mic) is connecting
    to the app itself and not through a controller. I think that if the audio goes through a controller, that you'll be able to hear the party chat along with the game audio at the same time.

I couldn't find anything in the Xbox app settings to get what you want without needing a controller but I'm not sure if there is anything in your Windows audio settings that can solve this problem. You can always go in there and check if there are any relevant
    settings.

I recommend getting a controller and a gaming headset designed for Xbox One that has a headset adapter for the best gaming experience using the Xbox app on Windows 10
  4. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I can hear game volume through my TV, just not through my headset. I can hear party audio, just not game audio.
  5. BadWolfBrando Win User

Trouble with voice on windows xbox app

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are having audio issues while in party chat. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.
    There is no mention of coming through party and game chat and the issue still persists. The audio is fine. I hear everyone in my party and they hear me, but everyone outside the party can hear me too.
  6. TougyWougy Win User

Audio

I can send an audio voice message using the new headset on his console and also hear one that's been sent to him .And also hear game audio , but when you join a party or create a party or game chat there is nothing?
Thema:

Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

1. Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through... - Similar Threads - Why hear Party

2. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  3. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  6. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  7. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  8. why can i not hear my friends when i am in a party but i can hear game noises ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can i not hear my friends when i am in a party but i can hear game noises ?: When I am playing a game, in a party with friends, recently I have not been able to hear them. I can hear game sounds and my friends can hear me, but I can not hear them ?...
  9. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  10. Why can I hear party chat but absolutely nothing else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I hear party chat but absolutely nothing else?: This is ridiculous, I can hear and chat with people in Xbox party chat but I can’t hear games, youtube, Spotify, I can’t even hear my Xbox when I move the cursor around to different menu options,...