Why can I not receive refund after my card was stolen

Discus and support Why can I not receive refund after my card was stolen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think its quite wrong for xbox to denie me a refund when i dont even have anything thru microsoft, nor did i allow my 13 yr son to go on a spending... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bubbysmith, Apr 16, 2019.

1. bubbysmith
    bubbysmith Guest

I think its quite wrong for xbox to denie me a refund when i dont even have anything thru microsoft, nor did i allow my 13 yr son to go on a spending spree, yet im told my 200$ is gone , an nothing can be done, this is not right by no means . I dont know
    a Parent who would allow any child to run up debt over an xbox, thats my money i work hard for an not for microsoft to decide to keep it.!! I never once autherized it to be charged . An i deseve more of an explination than a emil,

:)

bubbysmith, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Koods Win User

While I understand your frustration, allow me to point out that there are two factors at play which have contributed to this - YOUR decision to put your credit/debit card onto the system & YOUR SONS decision to spend money on that card. It's not really
    Xbox's issue that you declined to remove your card, your Son played on that and presumably has bought items which he has already used and as a result they're not eligible for refund.

For what it's worth I've been there, it's why I only have one card linked to my system which has virtually nothing in the account - I've been that guy having to explain why someone's been billed for an auto-renew! Fortunately those were in simpler times
    when microtransactions were nowhere near as common!
  3. SammieChaos Win User

Hello, really sorry to hear you are having this issue. You may need to take it up with your bank to get a refund if Microsoft has not granted one.

However, I do have a perfect solution to prevent this from happening in the future. You can make a

Childs Account
    by adding your child to and Adult Xbox account and set up parental controls as well as preventing purchases made with out your approval. To do this you would add his account to a

Family Account, and set up the proper restrictions.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have further questions.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what has already been said think of it this way.

Say your son got ahold of your credit/debit card and went to any retail store and made purchases with it. If you were to go to the retail store and ask them to give you a refund for the items they would tell you that you would need to take it up with your
    bank as fraudulent charges.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Smith,

Sorry for the issue with the refund. There are multiple factors that come into play when you are requesting a refund. For example: if you have had a refund in the recent past you will not get another one. If you did the refund process by the request form.
    You will need to reply to the email denying you the refund. If you contacted support and they denied the refund, then there is nothing more to do. As all the Ambassadors stated good points. Samantha recommended the best solution, by creating a child account
    for your son. You can also
    set up a passkey
    to stop purchases. As this has been answered I will go ahead and lock this thread.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. H3PA80R Win User

If your credit or debit card was stolen you should contact the bank you have your bank account to get the money back, then you should report that theft to the police. When the card was stolen there shouldn't made a purchase on your account. In that case
    the law enforcement could take a look in the case.
Thema:

1. Why can I not receive refund after my card was stolen - Similar Threads - Why receive refund

2. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f
  3. Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?: Hi all, I play a lot of Warframe, and with that I do a lot of buying and selling of items in the game. This means that I have to message a lot of people on Xbox for certain questions. Over the...
  4. Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I receiving 2 strikes for saying “****” to another player?: How does saying "You are so **** man can’t believe the garbage you get away with " constitute 2/8 strikes? Clearly messaging the player regarding the game we just played can’t understand how...
  5. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  6. Why I didn't receive a message in my mail

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I didn't receive a message in my mail: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** (mod removed) 6438e200-569d-432d-a92f-80371b4d9fd6
  7. why haven't I received a gifted game

in XBoX Accessibility
    why haven't I received a gifted game: hey Microsoft I recently just gifted myself a digital game called Who's your Daddy on Xbox and for some reason I haven't received it all day I would like some help please....
  8. Why is it so hard to receive a refund?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard to receive a refund?: I was excited to order my self a new console Xbox series S in September. I placed my order and was to receive it within 3-5 business days. On the 3rd business day FedEx drove in front of my home...
  9. Why have I not received my refund yet?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I not received my refund yet?: I have asked for a refund several days ago and its almost been two full weeks of not getting a refund!! There should be no hold up on the refund since it was an accidental purchase made by my...
  10. Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?: I recently purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection "for Xbox". I don't own an Xbox. It only said it worked only on Xbox at the bottom. At the top it says "Optimized for Series S - X". ****?...