Why can I not press A to start MW2 after buying the digital copy

Discus and support Why can I not press A to start MW2 after buying the digital copy in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just bought the digital cross gen version of MW2 on sale and started to download it but when I start the game it gives me the prompt to press A to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlayerXV123, Dec 24, 2022.

1. SlayerXV123
    SlayerXV123 Guest

So I just bought the digital cross gen version of MW2 on sale and started to download it but when I start the game it gives me the prompt to press A to start but when I press A, it doesn’t start and instead makes a sound when I press A and doesn’t allow me inside. Please help I’ve already held the power button for 10 seconds and even uninstalled and reinstalled and have found no fixes yet.

:)

SlayerXV123, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

I would already suggest getting in touch with Activision so that they can check what's going on since this is not happening with other accounts you tried.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

If you are able to go in on another account then this might be because of your Activision account, I would suggest reaching out with Activision regarding that just to check if there is something wrong with it or not since this is only happening to your own account.

You can also try deleting your local saved data to see if this helps.

Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller and then select Manage game.

Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data and then press A on your controller.

You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

◦Delete from console will remove the local copy of this save. You can retrieve it from the cloud the next time you play.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your game.

Let's refresh the console's system cache and see if this helps.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If this does not help, try using other profiles to see if you can go through or not just to make sure it has nothing to do with your profile.

Try other controllers too just to isolate more of the issue.
  5. SlayerXV123 Win User

So I did that and went back into the game and redid everything but still I cannot start the game by pressing A. I dunno why it won’t work.
  6. SlayerXV123 Win User

So resetting the Xbox won’t be possible since this isn’t my Xbox but I have used another person’s account and it works
Thema:

1. Why can I not press A to start MW2 after buying the digital copy - Similar Threads - Why press start

2. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  3. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  4. Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...: Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button my screen just darkens a little and it also freezes a lot Also I forgot to say when I turn it of it’s...
  5. Why does forge keep crashing when I press play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does forge keep crashing when I press play: My friend has an AMD Radeon(TX) RX Vega 10 Graphics Card and as soon as she presses play minecraft crashes and gives her exit code 1. She has 8GB of memory on her laptop. What should she do? When...
  6. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  7. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  8. Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the 'press y' method of reporting cheats not work on call of duty any more?: the usual method of reporting cheaters by pressing the Y button does not work anymore anyone know why? 6adafd4c-2649-49b1-b511-d62b505b4404
  9. Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Xbox Live let me log in to my account when I press the 'Log In' button?: Hi! I'm trying to change my Minecraft username (bedrock), so I looked it up and saw that I needed to do it via Xbox. Well, I go to the website and press the sign-in button at the top, sign into my...
  10. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?: I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a...