Why can I not play multiplayer on minecraft java edition?

Discus and support Why can I not play multiplayer on minecraft java edition? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have gone through every setting window and guide on the internet and still won't work. I went to the xbox one and windows 10 online safety setting... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brice Anderson, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Why can I not play multiplayer on minecraft java edition?

I have gone through every setting window and guide on the internet and still won't work. I went to the xbox one and windows 10 online safety setting tab on the xbox website (even tho I'm on PC, I don't understand why this setting isn't also in the microsoft account website) and set every setting to allow and submitted it and then restarted my device multiple times... and still nothing. I am beyond frustrated and I am considering slamming my head into things please help.

Also why wouldn't you link the EXACT setting page you need to go to INSIDE of the minecraft title screen I know u could do it

:)

Brice Anderson, Mar 19, 2023
  2. XBF - Evie Win User

Minecraft (Both editions) not working

Hello Reom Nagasaka,

Thanks for contacting the Xbox Forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with connecting to Minecraft multiplayer servers for both Java and Bedrock edition.

Please check out some of the self-help articles below that troubleshoot multiplayer connectivity issues for both editions.

General troubleshooting for Bedrock Edition

How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer – Home

General toubleshooting for Java Edition

How to Play Minecraft: Java Edition Multiplayer – Home

Multiplayer troubleshooting for Bedrock Edition

Minecraft Multiplayer Connectivity Issues – Home

Multiplayer troubleshooting for Java Edition

Minecraft: Java Edition Multiplayer Connection Issues – Home

Additionally, if you are still struggling with multiplayer connectivity after completing the troubleshooting provided in the links above, I recommend that you open a ticket with Mojang support (not Microsoft) for further assistance.

Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

I hope these suggestions help! If this answered your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Minecraft: Java Edition not being available to be even though I already had Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, why?

Hello Mr B, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I understand your confusion and frustration regarding the multiplayer access in Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition. Let's clarify the situation:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition and Minecraft: Java edition have different multiplayer requirements:

Minecraft: Bedrock edition (the version available on Xbox) typically requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription to access multiplayer features. Xbox Live Gold provides online multiplayer functionality for Xbox games, including Minecraft: Bedrock edition.

Minecraft: Java edition, on the other hand, does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription or any specific subscription to play multiplayer. Minecraft: Java edition has its own multiplayer system that operates independently of Xbox Live.

Regarding your previous ability to play Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer without a subscription, it's possible that during the period when you had the Ultimate Game Pass, it provided access to Minecraft: Java edition's multiplayer features as a part of its benefits. However, once your Ultimate Game Pass subscription ended, you no longer had access to Minecraft: Java edition multiplayer unless you have an active subscription or purchase the game separately.

It's important to note that subscription requirements and benefits can change over time, and specific promotions or offers may have been available during certain periods.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with your Xbox subscriptions, keep me posted please.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again
  4. Rostom L Win User

I can't play multiplayer on java?? It says I have to check my microsoft account I can't find anything though

Hi lev!

May I know if this is your first time trying to play multiplayer in Minecraft Java Edition?

On which server are you trying to play?

I recommend to check the article here about multiplayer of Minecraft Java Edition. Make sure check if you have the right setup.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

If it's asking you to update your Microsoft's account privacy, please go to https://account.xbox.com/Settings and allow the settings needed for communicating with other players.
  5. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  6. mdsfik3 Win User

Can i gameshare minecraft Java Edition with my brother?

Why i can share Bedrock, but not Java? this editions of minecraft is in 1 launcher
Thema:

Why can I not play multiplayer on minecraft java edition?

1. Why can I not play multiplayer on minecraft java edition? - Similar Threads - Why play multiplayer

2. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  3. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  4. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  5. Why can i not play multiplayer on r6? I have the full game and game pass and i still dont...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can i not play multiplayer on r6? I have the full game and game pass and i still dont...: I cant even see multiplayer 2da7fb3b-4322-4987-9a18-8da68d006687
  6. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  7. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  8. why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?: At first, it was because I was a part of a family group on Microsoft and my Xbox settings. But now even when I left the group (after a long hour on trying to figure out how to remove me w/ my...
  9. Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft: Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft bd734ab5-3ad4-460e-b3c9-013f50d3a077
  10. Why doesn't it let me play on Multiplayer on Minecraft Bedrock PC? Is this a problem with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't it let me play on Multiplayer on Minecraft Bedrock PC? Is this a problem with...: I can't join my friends Minecraft Bedrock server via invite through Xbox. When I try to join through Xbox invite, I get an error on Minecraft. It doesn't allow me to add anyone via Minecraft or...