Why can i not install a backwards compatibility game even though I had it previously installed

Discus and support Why can i not install a backwards compatibility game even though I had it previously installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Backwards compatibility issues f619668f-f7c7-485e-ad35-2087c29855d6 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Victor Picon, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Victor Picon
    Victor Picon Guest

Why can i not install a backwards compatibility game even though I had it previously installed

Backwards compatibility issues

:)

Victor Picon, Feb 15, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello Victor

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

May I ask, which game is this happening with and are you getting any specific errors?
  3. dpast276 Win User

insaling game

I cant event get mine to install, I get an error saying it's not backward compatible even though I can pull up the game in store for purchase & install. I get error code (0X8082000C) of the disk when inserted for install. not spending $20.00 to install
    a game I already own.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

If I remember rightly, the backward compatible version of Borderlands had the DLC included in the game, so there was no need to install it. Hence why the DLC disc was not compatible.
  5. Genryi Win User

All Games Backward Compatibility doesn´t work on Xbox One

This issue needs to be addressed none of my backwards compatibility games are working. It keeps asking me if I own the game or not. None of my backwards compatibility games are showing up in my ready to install. DLC is not being recognized even though it's
    already installed. Xbox team you guys have to make this right!
  6. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Extra hard drive space

Installing stuff is the only way to get games to run smoothly though... That's why PC games have always had to be installed...

It's a step forward from the 360, not backwards...
Thema:

1. Why can i not install a backwards compatibility game even though I had it previously installed - Similar Threads - Why install backwards

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  6. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  7. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  8. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  9. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...
  10. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae