Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,...

Discus and support Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s, the join party button is greyed out and wont let me click it!... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Feldman Tory A, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,...

Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s, the join party button is greyed out and wont let me click it! Please help

:)

Feldman Tory A, Oct 30, 2022
  2. Iced Vise Win User

Fortnite Voice Chat

One thing that worked for me was if you start an xbox party and then you join a fortnite party and go to the voice chat tab it should give you an option to switch to game chat. Also with the new season I can hear people party chats while in a xbox party
    hope I could of helped.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s, the join party button is greyed out and wont let me click it! Please help.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

First, please make sure that your account settings are set up correctly. Please sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and make sure that these settings are set to "allow" or "everyone".

You can see and upload community creations

You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

You can create and join clubs

You can join multiplayer games

Once done, you can then perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

Just so that I am clear when you are trying this in party chat? In game chat?

You can hear the other players in the chat but they can not hear you?

Are you starting the party through the stream on the xbox itself? Or are you starting the party through the xbox app on the pc itself?

These are two different things.

I personally have noticed that if I try and join a party through the Xbox itself and not the xbox app I can hear the other people but they can not hear me. If I join the party or start a party and have people join through the xbox app on the PC then it works
    fine.

So try that and see if that fixes your problem.
  5. TougyWougy Win User

Audio

I can send an audio voice message using the new headset on his console and also hear one that's been sent to him .And also hear game audio , but when you join a party or create a party or game chat there is nothing?
  6. Unknowngamer1st Win User

Xbox App Not Letting Me Join Parties

I don't think that Phone users are allowed to make/join parties that why Microsoft implemented party chat where iPhone user can send they friend a party chat so that their friend can join through the message. to be able to use party chat you need to have
    a chat group with all your friends in it and send a party chat.
Thema:

Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,...

1. Why can I not hear anything in game chat, and also can’t join or make a party in xbox s,... - Similar Threads - Why hear anything

2. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?: At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and...
  3. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  6. Why can nobody hear me on gamechat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can nobody hear me on gamechat: Hi my Xbox series s gamechat is faulty no one can hear me when gaming and I cannot hear chat in my soundbar also when I go to record message to send to someone I can't hear my chat through...
  7. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  8. why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I can only hear discord audio but the games and etc I dont hear: When I start xbox I cant hear a thing besides discord party I tries reseting console and controller but id doesnt work. help. Aslo I am using wired headset. 5ca6bc9c-6caa-4adc-b14e-95f5848cfcd9
  9. Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?: When I play in teams, I can’t hear anybody? I can hear people when in the lobby but nothing when the game starts? Any help? a482bade-63d2-47d7-b857-ed32b0adad5d
  10. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...