Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file?

Discus and support Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to do a offline system update, every time i download the OSU1 file to my chromebook and go to files then downloads to extract all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skydawg-544, Nov 24, 2022.

1. skydawg-544
    skydawg-544 Guest

I have been trying to do a offline system update, every time i download the OSU1 file to my chromebook and go to files then downloads to extract all from the .zip file, like the steps say, it gives me an error saying "extract operation failed. An error occurred." I've tried moving the file from downloads to my google drive where i have 100GB of storage space, and it gives me an error saying copy operation failed. Not enough space?

:)

skydawg-544, Nov 24, 2022
  2. skydawg-544 Win User

is it because im using a chromebook?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, skydawg-544. You need to be a PC/Laptop that is running Windows OS to extract the file.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

OSU1

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can follow the guide here for the

offline update
    . OSU1 will be highlighted in green. This will be on step 3.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    2. Open the Offline System Update file
      OSU1
    3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file to your computer.
    4. Unzip the file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract all from the pop-up menu.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. CORPSECRUSHER66 Win User

Can't copy OSU1.zip file to USB (Offline System Update)

Hi,

I was having the same issue, for me it was a connection issue(related to my internet connection, I also tried in other houses, no luck).

Look for this on you tube :

Xbox one, Alternative method to download OSU1.zip using amazon EC2 - Offline System Update

Then, I was able to extract and copy the files to the usb key.

Here is a better alternative.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Offline_System_Update_Diagnostic_Tool

OSUDT2 is OSU1
    I downloaded OSUDT2 from the ign.com site you provided and it still couldn't extract. So I downloaded the OSUDT1 on the same site to see what would happen and I was able to extract that one fine, and I noticed all the same files in the OSUDT2 as the OSUDT1
    , each file is smaller though. Should I give OSUDT1 a try since I was able to extract it? or NO?
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox offline downloads

You're welcome mate.

No, this works only for games. But for an update, you could use a flashdrive in the NFTS format, your friend could download the OSU1 file into it, and give it to you.

I will leave below how to perform an offline update, ok?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

In the link above go to the tab: "Download OSU1 System Offline Update File"

If your console is the Original Xbox One:

Important! For Build 6.2.9781.0, use the OSU3 Offline System Update file. For all other builds, use the OSU2 file.

Go to the tab: "Download offline update file from OSU2 or OSU3 system"
Thema:

1. Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file? - Similar Threads - Why extract OSU1

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  5. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  9. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  10. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...