Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file?

Discus and support Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to do a offline system update, every time i download the OSU1 file to my chromebook and go to files then downloads to extract all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skydawg-544, Nov 24, 2022.

1. skydawg-544
    skydawg-544 Guest

I have been trying to do a offline system update, every time i download the OSU1 file to my chromebook and go to files then downloads to extract all from the .zip file, like the steps say, it gives me an error saying "extract operation failed. An error occurred." I've tried moving the file from downloads to my google drive where i have 100GB of storage space, and it gives me an error saying copy operation failed. Not enough space?

:)

skydawg-544, Nov 24, 2022
  2. skydawg-544 Win User

is it because im using a chromebook?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, skydawg-544. You need to be a PC/Laptop that is running Windows OS to extract the file.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

OSU1

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can follow the guide here for the

offline update
    . OSU1 will be highlighted in green. This will be on step 3.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    2. Open the Offline System Update file
      OSU1
    3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file to your computer.
    4. Unzip the file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract all from the pop-up menu.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. CORPSECRUSHER66 Win User

Can't copy OSU1.zip file to USB (Offline System Update)

Hi,

I was having the same issue, for me it was a connection issue(related to my internet connection, I also tried in other houses, no luck).

Look for this on you tube :

Xbox one, Alternative method to download OSU1.zip using amazon EC2 - Offline System Update

Then, I was able to extract and copy the files to the usb key.

Here is a better alternative.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Offline_System_Update_Diagnostic_Tool

OSUDT2 is OSU1
    I downloaded OSUDT2 from the ign.com site you provided and it still couldn't extract. So I downloaded the OSUDT1 on the same site to see what would happen and I was able to extract that one fine, and I noticed all the same files in the OSUDT2 as the OSUDT1
    , each file is smaller though. Should I give OSUDT1 a try since I was able to extract it? or NO?
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

xbox

when will xbox release a offline update for xbox insider hub
    Offline system updates using OSU1 cannot be used on consoles enrolled in a Insider preview.

OSU1 can only be used on console with the General Availability OS installed.

There will never be a OSU1 file released for Insider preview OS. The console has to be removed from the Insider program before using offline system updates.

If you describe the issue you're having, with any error codes you're seeing, we will endeavour to assist you.
Thema:

1. Why can I not extract all from OSU1 offline system update file? - Similar Threads - Why extract OSU1

2. Why Do I Have To Reinstall My Graphics Drivers Each Time I Reboot My Computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Do I Have To Reinstall My Graphics Drivers Each Time I Reboot My Computer?: I play video games a lot and this has never happened to me before. I have had the pc for about 1 1/2 years. I was trying to play Fortnite (which I was always able to play) and it would crash. This...
  3. Why do I have to buy minecraft again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to buy minecraft again: I have looked up every solution to fix this even from other questions on here but none of them helped I am so fed up with this bug am asking a question on how to fix this as I can't relog back in...
  4. Why did they ban downloading images in the first place

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did they ban downloading images in the first place: Why did they ban downloading images in the first place bb3b3309-820a-4dbb-8383-810894a81771
  5. I want to know why my account was suspended (15 day)while serving a communications...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to know why my account was suspended (15 day)while serving a communications...: I want to know why my account was suspended while already serving a communications suspension. After my appeal was denied I still have yet to receive a single detail as to why my account got a ban...
  6. Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...: I feel like i did not do enough research on the series x, but in my defense I did not need more than one screen originally. However with MS flight simulator I need to have three for doing any real...
  7. Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ?: Xbox takes me to Microsoft where the sign in page shows up however, the button to actually sign in isn’t available to click on, meaning I can’t sign in. Any ways to fix this?...
  8. Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE.

in XboX Insiders
    Why do you need to pay 15$ for a NAME CHANGE.: Hello, I have an Xbox account and I used my one free name change to change my name to a joke but I wasn't informed that you had to pay for more nametag changes. I am stuck with a name that I...
  9. Why is Hello Neighbor 2 advertised as being available on the 5th when it's not?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Hello Neighbor 2 advertised as being available on the 5th when it's not?: Don't give me "well the deluxe version was available a week ago" type of answers. It was advertised as being playable on the pass for free on the 5th of December 2022. Deluxe and other versions...
  10. Why should Dragon ball raging blast 2 should become backwards compatible?

in XboX Insiders
    Why should Dragon ball raging blast 2 should become backwards compatible?: Dragon ball raging blast 2 should become backwards compatible because it is the best dragon ball game and fighting game in general. If you have played the game you know what I mean. I would pay...