Why can I not change my home xbox.

Discus and support Why can I not change my home xbox. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to set a new home xbox for the past two years. I tried switching to my xbox one last year and now I have a series s. Only once in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jamersod, Mar 22, 2023.

1. jamersod
    jamersod Guest

I've been trying to set a new home xbox for the past two years.

I tried switching to my xbox one last year and now I have a series s. Only once in the last year have I upgraded xbox and yet each time, no matter haw many months I wait I still cannot switch.

Each time I says that I have 0 out of 5 left and unlike what it says in the help page it is not giving me a date when I will be able to switch again.

Now I can't play any of my games offline and despite being with xbox for over a decade.

Just to add I went onto console management on the xbox website and it only had my old xbox 360, my xbox one and my series s registered so how have I used 5 switches. I understand customer support can not give me more switches "probably", but still I know I haven't switched 5 times in the past 2 years.

Could it be a bug with the system or some security issue, I just need an answer and some confirmation.

:)

jamersod, Mar 22, 2023
  2. jamersod Win User

I have tried this dozens of times each time it says 0 out of 5.

No errors

No change

I'm just left in limbo hoping that one day in the distant future il be able to play offline.

[​IMG]
  3. jamersod Win User

My console has "updated itself and the problem is resolved.

Thankyou immensely to whoever fixed my problem.
  4. bowski477 Win User

If you want to make a different console your home Xbox:

1. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following to change the status of your console:
      • To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.
      • To remove this console as your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox and then Remove this as my home Xbox.
    How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

Are you getting any errors when you try to follow these steps?
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Can I change my home xbox

VMHDS,

You are only allowed 3 changes per year as the intent is for you to change Home Xbox when you get a new console. There's no reason folks should be hitting this limit on a REGULAR basis. If you need assistance with this you will need to call Microsoft
    Phone Support
    . If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks,
  6. KindGryphon Win User

How can I get one more switch for my home Xbox

How can i get 1 more switch on my home xbox
    Just curious why youve had to change your home xbox so many time this year? I mean unless its being used in a way that isnt allowed (gamesharing with friends for instance) then 5 times should be way more than enough
    for the year.

That being said you can TRY requesting an extra change via the steps listed here under the "changing your home xbox" section. Its not guaranteed that you will get one though.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
Thema:

1. Why can I not change my home xbox. - Similar Threads - Why change home

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Why wont my xbox let me change networks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox let me change networks?: My xbox series X doesn't want to connect to the internet. I've tried restarting both console and router, even tried to switch to wifi instead of a wired connection but when i try to set up a...
  5. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  6. Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for trying to change my profile pic once?: Hey I got suspended from trying to change my profile pic. I was doing it on Xbox app and it kept freezing so I kept trying. Then when it said that it has been sent to y’all. A few minutes later I...
  7. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  8. Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...: So I was trying to change my gamer pic but I would not upload so I tried a few more times then a hour later this e031c70f-2929-4d26-a98f-7d8d6c11e4fb
  9. Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft make it impossible to change ownership of an Xbox account?: My kids were too young to have their own accounts on the Xbox, now they are teenagers and have spent alot of money and earned a bunch of achievements, but Microsoft says I can't transfer the...
  10. Why hasn’t my gamertag changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn’t my gamertag changed?: Hi, 2 days ago I used a egift card to change my xbox gamertag. The gamertag still hasn’t changed. I have tried logging in and out, and I have tried restarting my xbox yet it has not changed. I...