Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while?

Discus and support Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have streamed a few times on my xbox series x and it begins to run like porridge after a couple of hours. Now even when im not streaming the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kenisbarbie, Jun 30, 2022.

  1. Kenisbarbie
    Kenisbarbie Guest

    Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while?


    I have streamed a few times on my xbox series x and it begins to run like porridge after a couple of hours. Now even when im not streaming the same thing happens. The game runs ok its when i hit the home button that i have a problem. The screen dims and the game becomes uninteractable as it would if the home screen is there but there is no home screen or if im lucky it may appear after a min or so. Have i broken my xbox?

    :)
     
    Kenisbarbie, Jun 30, 2022
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while?

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

    To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

    POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

    ​​​

    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

    If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

    Select Reset console.

    Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

    Intro and a few questions if I may.

    D33dles, while on the home screen, you only have to press X once, not twice, to bring up the oneguide.
  4. AnthonyEngle1 Win User

    Xbox home screen wont load after it signs me in

    Mine just started to do this too. It would allow me to bring up the home menu, but won't let me scroll down to choose anything. It wasn't doing this earlier today. I did figure out that it only does this when I have it connected to the Internet. When
    I unplugged the internet cable from the consol and rebooted it, it worked, until I plugged the internet cable back in. The games still run in the background while the home screen menu is up. You might get a black screen if it is an online game. I can still
    play my offline games if I load then while not connected to internet.
  5. MetalGearFloppy Win User

    First update due February 11th

    Dunno, but the bringing up the home screen mid game can be a clunky experience at times.

    I'm still not sure why they ditched the mini guide.

    Still, better than nothing I suppose
  6. CardSpore69 Win User

    game freezing when I log in to xbox live

    I have the same problem. Can't get to the home screen while logged in, and freezes when loading a profile after start up. Sucks! All you can do is "play now" without signing in. Come on Xbox and EA fix this!
Thema:

Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while?

Loading...
  1. Why can i not bring up my home screen after having played for a while? - Similar Threads - Why bring home

  2. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  3. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  4. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  5. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  6. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  7. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  8. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  9. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...
  10. why won’t there be any more seasons in Warzone 2.0? They shouldn’t keep bringing their...

    in XBoX on Windows
    why won’t there be any more seasons in Warzone 2.0? They shouldn’t keep bringing their...: Hello Gerardo, so, why won’t there be any more seasons in Warzone 2.0? They shouldn’t keep bringing their attention to one game, it keeps repeating. Is there ANY possible way they could bring...